1999 Silverado Alpine Build

silveradokid
10+ year member

The Hope that lies WITHIN
So I've started to do a stereo build in my Silverado ext cab. This is my first stereo build, so I'm kind of a newbie at it, I'm just learning as I go. It won't be anything spectacular or something you guys haven't seen, I just thought I'd show some people who appreciate what I've been up to. My plan is for 2 12" alpine type r's, speakers, and an amp. I have the speakers and head unit in the car already, so mainly its just the subs and amp, and sometime in the next year I'd like to replace my speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is what I started with about two years ago when I first got her. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PictureorVideo001.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Now I know kickers are frowned upon, but this is what I bought it with, and I must say for my first set of subs they worked pretty good!

After about a month and a half at college this it what happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

IMG_0449.jpg

It still makes me a little uneasy to look at this photo.

IMG_0446.jpg

It was gone, just like that. :/.

Now several months later, I go from this

IMG_0456.jpg

To this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_0589.jpg

To this...

IMG_0590.jpg

And Finally, to this...

IMG_0591.jpg

Now I've ordered some wiring for the speakers and amps, and I'm going to order about 10sqft of fatmat tomorrow to put on the floor and back wall since it will be a down firing enclosure(to prevent people from knowing what's under the seat). Once that's in I plan on building an amp rack to go up against the back wall. Anyone know where I can get cheap enclosure carpet or vinyl?

Now after tearing apart all the wiring and stuff this is how I find the speaker wiring is laid out.

speakerwiring1.jpg

Now I'm no expert, just a noob, but to me this just looks like a huge mess. And I know not to run RCA's and power on the same side, but it didn't effect it before for some reason there was never any static. Anyways, I rewired the RCA's on the opposite side already and took out all the speaker wire except the front two, so that the wiring will be done right and nice and neat.

Now after tearing apart all the wiring and stuff this is how I find the speaker wiring is laid out.

speakerwiring1.jpg

Now I'm no expert, just a noob, but to me this just looks like a huge mess. And I know not to run RCA's and power on the same side, but it didn't effect it before for some reason there was never any static. Anyways, I rewired the RCA's on the opposite side already and took out all the speaker wire except the front two, so that the wiring will be done right and nice and neat. I'm thinking it was only a 2 channel amp that was powering all four speakers since there was only one RCA running to it.

My rule (and the neighbor girl does NOT get it) is that you never EVER bump in, only bump going out. The problem is when you bump going out, if that "out" is someplace you frequent, people will know anyway.

Your shite got got jacked because someone heard you or knew it was there and that *****. Sorry for your loss. But onward and upward, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nice, clean looking truck though!

***** man, I've had stuff stolen before 1 time I was completely confused as to how they even knew I had anything but whatever yeah just makes you upgrade right? I think you will enjoy the alpines, I really like mine. For being mass produced mainstream subs they perform quite well. Just curious, whats the rest of your setup?

My rule (and the neighbor girl does NOT get it) is that you never EVER bump in, only bump going out. The problem is when you bump going out, if that "out" is someplace you frequent, people will know anyway.
Your shite got got jacked because someone heard you or knew it was there and that *****. Sorry for your loss. But onward and upward, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nice, clean looking truck though!
Thanks man! She ain't as pretty now just because she got some wear and tear in the last two years (no accidents, just the sun beating down on the paint can take a toll on chevy's poor clear coats //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif). And you know, I'm not too sure what happened, because I was careful not to play it in the parking structures at school, the one time I did, there was not a person down there, I'm thinking that they just saw a big white truck with limo tint and said, "Hey I bet he has something valuable in there!"

Yeah just upgrading!. And as far as the setup goes, I'm not set on one thing, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to build a custom box to put 2 type r's 12 inch under the back seat. With that said, I'm not sure what kind of amp will be pushing those. I would like to get an alpine m1000 or something, but those can be expensive and being a poor college kid I have a limited budget. I have the pdx for the speakers, and a valor 7" flip out head unit, which I'm not sure the model number of. It works good for what I use it for and good sound quality from it. In the front two doors i have a pair of kenwood 6.5's with dome tweeters. In the rear I have a pair of cheap 5.25 kickers(which I'm pretty sure are blown), that I will probably be replacing at some point. The main goal now is to get music back in my truck, so first comes the speaker amp set up, then I will wire in the subs and sub box, and maybe after that or in a few months replace the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.