ported and sealed

I don't think it would be wise at all to put a CVX in a sealed box, at all. Have him go ported, and if he wants it to hit low, have him tune it low.

I have no clue about 4th orders, but Buck designs boxes, so he's probably got a good idea of what he's talking about.

I run two Kicker cvr 10's in a q-logic that can be either ported or sealed. Having experimented with both, I prefer the sealed. I get plenty of volume and thump and the sound is better (tighter). Most guys seem to prefer vented however. But I think if you have a big enough amp and driver(s) that sealed gives better sound and if you have enough power behind it, plenty of volume.

A proper ported box will kill a sealed box in output across the entire bandwidth that the ported box can play. Tune low and you'll have useable response down to 25hz, which is really all you need.

Question? Why doesn't anybody ever ask what kind of vehicle the sub/ box is going in? Doesn't transfer funtion come into play when designing boxes?
The main question is which alignment would be able to hit lower better. Regardless of vehicle a ported box is gong to have a noticeable advantage in the 25-50hz area if in the right box.

Question? Why doesn't anybody ever ask what kind of vehicle the sub/ box is going in? Doesn't transfer funtion come into play when designing boxes?
To answer this question a little better. The vehicle has a direct effect on the response(simple physics). This is why it is impossible to ever build a perfect enclosure with out having the vehicle in front of you. Weather it be for SPL or sound quality. We can get very very close with designs and building, but never perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.