Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone...Well, after lurking on here for awhile finally decided to join.. :)..anyways I'm in need of help.. Currently I have a 2006 Silverado extend cab with 2 12's RE SE in a sealed enclosure under the seat.. installed in Garden Grove, CA. By Advanced Car Creations but my problem is that my speakers keep on blowing, my amp is a Hifonics 2000w.. I wanted to try something new myself but have no idea on where to begin. I was planning on installing 4 10s Kicker CVX or 4 10s RE SE... i have no idea of what dimensions should I build the box, if it should be sealed or ported? etc.. the type of music I listen to is mostly Spanish with epicenter to add more bass (reason Im saying the type of music i listen to is because I think music plays a role on the type of enclosure that would best work for me). It would be of great help if some one can lend me a hand... Thank You

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok... the amp expailns alot... do you know what series hifonics it is. i know they are under rated. they are power hungry beast that require high voltage

06 DODGE STRATUS SXT

Subs: Sundown ZV4 15 D1 Rev1 Motor/Rev2 Softies

Enclosure: 3.85 Cubes Net Tuned 36hz

Amp: Soundstream Ta.3kw @ .5ohm

Stock 120a Alt ~1 XS D3400 & 1 Kinetic HC1800 ~ Multiple runs of Bullz Audio 1/0

Loudest Build Score ~ 148

F.C.B.C. > 2010 450 Street 3rd Place Overall > 2011 450 Street Champion

YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

with a 2000w amp and an epicenter, both installed by a shop, I'm almost 99% positive that the gains were set incorrectly on the amp, the bass boost on the amp is too high or the epicenter is boosting too much and producing a clipped signal..

i would stick to sealed for what you listen to, i think ported will sound too boomy. are you talking about RE SE-x, or the older SE model? theres a big difference.

are you going for SQ, or do you want it loud as well?

You would probably want to stick with sealed, like already said. Are the bass notes quick paced? And I'm assuming they don't drag out.

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this