RE SEx12 vs IA Lethal Injection 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

xKBx24
10+ year member

erie, Pa
Hey guys. I'm currently running two 12" type R's and I'm looking for an upgrade in the SQ department while trying to keep.the volume of the type rs. The two 12's in the topic are what I have it narrowed down to. I'm leaning more towards the RE's because I've found many more reviews on them than I have the IA's and they're about a hundred dollars cheaper. Any thoughts? Oh. They'll be running on a sundown SAZ1500 and will be in a sealed box with 1-1.25 cubes before displacement.

I looked and on their site it says that the RE's can go sealed or ported, .75-1.00 cubic feet. I couldnt find any specifics on the LI's. Anybody have any experience/input on this?

I have an SE-X 10'' sealed right now. Sounds pretty decent, not sure if it can handle 1200 rms though, mines on 600. I would opt for the IA if you want to run a lot of power to it. The older RE's can certainly handle that power though.

I was actually planning on running roughly 700-750 rms per sub. 4 subs, 2 1200 watt amps (I know sundown is highly underrated)

The SE-X's will handle that fine. General consensus should be that IA will be a better sub hands down, but the RE's should still do well. It's cool to bash the new RE's because they have cheaped on materials quality since switching owners, I got my sub on sale so thats why I thought I'd try it out.

The LI will work great in a sealed box....ive heard tons of them (literally..lol) and I am still impressed every time. As far as which sub is better? You get what you pay for...and if you have seen the other brand cut apart like I have, you would have no question in your mind which one to get.

Ia2, I have a question for you. Rather new to car audio, still getting my bearing and picking up knowledge on some things. I have a newb question.

Im pretty set on getting the LI's. I want to run a total of 4 (Big trunk). I've never heard of anyone running a sealed and ported box at the same time. IE 2 12's in a sealed, 2 12's in a ported box, to take advantage of the lower and higher bass frequencies. Can this be done and still sound good or is it just an idiotic idea altogether like im imagining it is.

Ia2, I have a question for you. Rather new to car audio, still getting my bearing and picking up knowledge on some things. I have a newb question.
Im pretty set on getting the LI's. I want to run a total of 4 (Big trunk). I've never heard of anyone running a sealed and ported box at the same time. IE 2 12's in a sealed, 2 12's in a ported box, to take advantage of the lower and higher bass frequencies. Can this be done and still sound good or is it just an idiotic idea altogether like im imagining it is.
You are going to be much better off with all 4 in the same style box, be it sealed or ported. With you being new to all this especially, I would try and make this fairly simple, so if you have problems arise, you will have an easier time figuring out what happened. I've never heard of anyone doing what you are talking about, and I'm sure there is a good reason for that...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.