9515rob Wall Rebuild

9515ROB
10+ year member

TEAM DTF
Sherman IL
Well since my subs are off getting fixed and my amp is sold i figured i would rip my wall out and batts out. The other reason was because it isnt a busy year for comps and have alot of time before the next show

Im building this one in the car unlike my other wall. Also i am trying to do a drivers side port.

This piece was on top of the batts it was my temp amp rack

DSCN0190.jpg

3 screws in i took a chunk out of my finger

DSCN0189.jpg

Looks like one hell of a mess doesnt it

DSCN0191.jpg

Some of the mess is gone

DSCN0193.jpg

Hard to believe that all fit in a trunk of a mustang isnt it

DSCN0194.jpg

Time to start taking out the seats and center console to take the box out

DSCN0198.jpg

The wall is out. Kinda fucked up my headliner and was hoping to keep the box how it was when it went in but it didnt happen o well

box-1.jpg

My cars suspension was bottomed out it was sitting at 25". I gained 2" of it back from just taking the batteries out and another 1" from taking the wall out. It is nice driving with all that weight out it is back to being some what quick and i can roast the tires taking off again

DSCN0186.jpg

Well i thought building a wall in a car would be a little bit easier than what it was. I started by trying to make the floor and that was an EPIC fail. So i screwed a board to the back wall and went from there.

The first load of supplies

2011-05-18182713.jpg

Have you guys heard of the new pick up truck Ford came out with? Its called the Ford Mustang

2011-05-18182923.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

So i started working with the top since i figured which way i should do it first. This is the top bracing

DSCN0205.jpg

I will be adding more 2x4s across them i have to have room to screw them in from the back side so i had to hold off

2011-05-18230412.jpg

The small part will be the top going to the front of the box and the longer pieces are going along the back window

2011-05-18230427.jpg

Thats all i have got done so far i need to spend some time studying peoples builds

What amp do you plan on running, or are you still deciding? Also, what subs do you have?
Im gonna be running 2 Crossfire XSv2 and i havent decied on an amp yet it will most likely be a American Bass 1100.1 but i have been looking at the DC amps a little too

well this is alot harder than i thought everything i do doesnt work so im going to give it one more shot and if i cant get something going im just gonna recover my old wall and put it back in

well everything i had done went to the scrap pile. I have had alot of trouble the first couple times i have tried to do this so i took a break for awhile and went back to work on it today.

I got alot of work done today. I got the floor, back and top in tonight along with a little bit of the side on the drivers side.

This was the only pic i got in before it got dark. It wasnt fully together there but u get the idea

2011-05-29193826.jpg

Im going to have to take the hand plainer to some of the 2x4s to get them level with the other ones.

did some work tonight on leveling the top and some of the back. I made one hell of a mess with the hand plainer

2011-05-31194304.jpg

Just a little bit of a mess. It was hell to vacuum out

2011-05-31194331.jpg

Dirty Boy hahaha

2011-05-31194546.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.