DC 270 AMP SP Alternator

Item(s) for Sale:

DC 270 AMP SP Alternator for an 01 Silverado

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Brand New Never Mounted

Price:

420 Shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

I bought this item directly from dc for my car. They said it would work with brackets they could supply. Well since they have such great customer service, im selling this and more than likely going with excessive amperage.

Link to the product on their site:

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2001~Chevrolet~Silverado~5.3L-V8/8237-270-sp.html

Be sure to check the Vehicle Fitment tab.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

289f6087.jpg

3deb2c84.jpg

I have not sold on here. This is my first time but I have bought from a few. Most recently a batt from basscort2009.

would you trade for a fully loaded fresh reconed w/7s spider AA mayhem 12(d1) for the alt?

Srry no trades.

Everyone else has been pm'ed or pm'ed back. Srry for the delay.... I have not had much access to my comp. If anybody else has any questions or offers pm me as its easier and faster to do that thru my phone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jsmitty
      I believe the stock one is something around 90A, and that's just not cutting it. Let me know what you have :-)
    • By Phoenix Risen
      I have a 2008 hyundai tiburon that im looking into getting a HO alternator for it.

does anyone know where to get one.

preferably one that is a direct bolt on or doesnt take much modification to make it work, mainly because the car is still under warranty and i dont want it to be extremely obvious
    • By john.mulvehill
      Hello,

I recently purchased a JL 1000/1 v2 slash amp to power a JL 12W7 sub in a ported box. I am using 4 gauge wire. However, I have read of people having alternator problems or voltage errors due to using the amp (it is supposed to be very hungry). I drive a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. My questions are:

1. Do I need a 2nd battery?
      2. Do I need to do anything to the alternator?
      3. Would it be worth it to get a 2 farad capacitor? I have heard mixed things about capacitors. The guy at the audio shop told me they are like bandaids and won't help much. However, I do not want my headlights dimming and would prefer to minimize load on my electrical system. Would a capacitor help for these things?

Any other comments or feedback regarding this setup? I don't know anything about this stuff so if someone could look up the electrical information on the G8 GT and let me know how this amp would fair and anything I would need to do, that would be great!

Thanks!!!
      John
    • By john.mulvehill
      The setup in my car is a JL 12w7 in a high output box powered by a JL 1000/1v2 slash amp. I am using my stock car battery and I did NOT do a big 3 upgrade.

This setup worked without any problems for a couple weeks. However, yesterday I was driving and I turned the head unit from volume 0 to 47 (max is 60) very quickly. There was a very bass heavy song on and I also had the air conditioning on. When the volume got up to 47 all these warning lights flashed on my dashboard. Keep in mind that I had played my system at that volume level almost every day for the past 2 weeks without issue. However, this particular time, I cranked the volume up pretty quick. The warning lights on the dashboard were the following:

-ABS Fault
      -Brake light on
      -Stabilitrak issue (either an error or saying it was off)
      -Check Engine Light On
      -Check Engine message on the display
      -Contact Dealer with a red X flashing

Also, my gas gauge was all the way down on empty even though I had 3/4 tank of gas.

I pulled over and had the car towed to the dealership. They weren't able to look at it until Thursday morning. They looked at it all day and said they don't know what to do. They said that they had never encountered something like this before. They said that whenever they turn the car on, all the warning lights come on and the gas gauge and other gauges go to empty. They think it's an electrical problem and said they are going to start ripping my dash apart tomorrow to fix it.

I am pretty sure that this problem was caused by rapidly turning up the head unit quickly. My car's alternator puts out 130 amps not under load. And the JL 1000/1 is rated to take 90 amps at max (could be higher). So, if I had the AC going and I turned the head unit up quickly, could this have caused a voltage surge and messed up the electrical system?

Assuming the shop fixes all this (and hopefully doesn't charge me since my car is under warranty), what can I do to prevent this from happening again? Do I need to do the big 3 upgrade? I read online that you should do the big 3 upgrade if your amp pulls more than 800 watts RMS or if your headlights dim. My headlights dim and my amp pulls 1,000 watts RMS. Also, I read online that my stock battery is small. So, should I....

1. Do the big 3 upgrade?
      2. Install a 2nd battery that is dry cell and can perform cranking
      3. Upgrade my alternator?
      4. Anything else?

Please let me know which of the above three items I should do to prevent this from happening again.

I got an estimate from a local shop and they want $200 for the labor and wires to do the big 3 upgrade. And they want $330 for a VMAX CT-1000 charge tank, and $90 PAC-200 battery isolator. It comes out to around $860 with tax and labor. Is this reasonable?

I think I might be OK with my alternator since it is putting out 130 amps. A dedicated battery for the amp and the big 3 upgrade might be enough. But I definitely don't want this to happen again after they fix the car. They don't even know how to fix the car at this point

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks!