Ok at the moment i have a autotek at1200 4 channel amp i got for virtually nothing. The SQ *****. I am kind of a "noob" but i was told the signal to noise ratio determines the clarity of the sound... this amp says 95 db in relation to rated power. My 1st choice WAS a JL Audio XD600/6 with a 104db SN at rated power and 84db by 1w. But I really don't want to pay that much unless I really need to. I have looked at Boston Acoustics GTA-704 (90 db SN).......JBL GTO1004 (85db SN)....and Infinity Kappa Four (85db SN).

In case anyone needs to know I have a Scion tC with 6.5" Pioneer premier components in doors and custom fiberglassed kickpanels with Infinity Kappa 6.5 coaxials all in front. Rear I am running 6.5 infinity mids temporarily. Nothing fancy but I just want a better sounding setup than the typical Bass and Tweeter systems.

So my question is which amp of the ones I have listed would be my best choice to get a better Sound Quality Setup? I realize the Boston has the highest SN, but it also has the least power. All of these are in my budget. If anyone has any other suggestions please input as well (amps, speakers, placement)

ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!!

Sell the autotek, and look around the fs ads for something in your price range that has nice essque.

I wouldn't worry too much about SNR, you're not in a studio environment here-- it's a car. You won't be able to tell a difference between 85dB and 90dB. All of those amps are going to sound fantastic. In fact just about anything should sound better than your $50 Wal-Mart special there...

it's more then just the amp that you need to look at. what hu are u running? are u running active or passive? how are your settings? you say custom kicks how exactly are they made? do they vent into the crumple zone? are they sealed? might wanna get better up front speakers.

it's more then just the amp that you need to look at. what hu are u running? are u running active or passive? how are your settings? you say custom kicks how exactly are they made? do they vent into the crumple zone? are they sealed? might wanna get better up front speakers.

i have a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD headunit......i've been using the crossovers on the amp so i guess thats passive (idk)....gains are about halfway...the kicks are not sealed they do vent into the crumple zone. I love my pioneers so those are staying but the infinity coaxials will probably go to the back and something else will go in the kick

US Acoustics USX 4065 amplifier | eBay

NEW U.S. ACOUSTICS USX4085 CAR AMP US 4085 WITH BOX | eBay

OLD SCHOOL ORION XTREME 600.4 | eBay

Id much rather have an old school amp, look at the thd distortion of the old amps much lower and usually way underrated made here in america, cleaner amps, and lower distortion rates

if you want a new amp id look at this

PPI S580.4 Sedona 4-Channel Amp Precision Power (-NEW-) | eBay

amazing deal for an amazing amp

US AMPS MERLIN MD42 4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER (DISPLAY MODEL) | eBay