16 volt help

Participant count
  • Participant list
maybe if you can bypass your voltage regulator, but keep in mind... 16v might fry the ECU. I was advised by my H/O alt builder to not exceed 15.2V

Send your alt back and have it modded to external adjustable regulator. Then use a step down module to feed the vehicle electrical from the modded alt and run the sub amp off the 16v battery bank(fed direct from alt). I'm sure you know you have to have 16V batteries right? Or did you think it was just a matter of having an alt that charged at 16V? A 16V set-up charges at~18-18.5V, so you won't be able to have that voltage run through the vehicles electronics/wiring and 12v batteries cannot be charged at that voltage level.

Send your alt back and have it modded to external adjustable regulator. Then use a step down module to feed the vehicle electrical from the modded alt and run the sub amp off the 16v battery bank(fed direct from alt). I'm sure you know you have to have 16V batteries right? Or did you think it was just a matter of having an alt that charged at 16V? A 16V set-up charges at~18-18.5V, so you won't be able to have that voltage run through the vehicles electronics/wiring and 12v batteries cannot be charged at that voltage level.
I'm sure you know irragi went MIA? or did you think it was still around?

Never kept up with his drama. Dom was an azz anyway. I had one a few years back and it was garbage. I use DCPower. Any decent alt builder can mod it for him. Actually any decent local winding shop could most likely do it. Any particular reason you put part of my statement in bold? Do you have an issue with it? Maybe you are just being a prick? If so take it to the dome because you are just post-dumping where it's not allowed. And i didn't see YOU stepping in to offer him any help until you dumped on my post.

yea im working on getting some xs 16 volt batts, and yea sux iraggi is outta business, the reason i have the iraggi alt is cuz i got it hellu cheap cheap, lol may check into sending it somewhere to get modded or just say screw it and get a mechman with external regulator

just trying to not have to spend a whole lot of money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.