Two eights or one twelve...

blackdrag450r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
wisconsin
I was really thinking about doing a build with either 2 sa-8's or 1 fi q 12"

both being in ported enclosures tuned to low 30's in my grand am.

what is going to give me more output? do these sa-8's really live up to the hype? or will I be wanting more a week after i break them in?

this will be my first ported enclosure so i'm hope its going to be way better then anything i've had in the past. I just need to outslap my buddys monte carlo with 2 12" old skool type r's in a sealed enclosure... lol

the pair of 8s will get flat nasty on around 600 each, and a pair will take everything that amp can throw at them if you put them in the right box.
that said, either will be a pretty good choice.
Yeah and over size your port slightly, it'll make it a bit easier for them to get lower

I would suggest having RAM design you a box if you're kinda iffy about it.

On a side note, I don't think you'll notice much difference between the 2 setups. 2 8's need less airspace than a single 12", though, and it's fun to say you have 8's then show people how loud they get lol

I know, I was thinking the same thing about the 8's. I just didn't want to be dissapointed.

the smaller box will allow more soundwaves into the cabin correct?

well i have heard its not a good idea to cram a huge box into a trunk car that covers the entire passage to the cabin.. lots of bass in the trunk but not much getting into the cabin through where the back of the seats fold down...

don't laugh, its not funny! lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blackdrag450r

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
blackdrag450r
wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date