What would be louder?

BrianDye
10+ year member

2013 Dodge Charger R/T
I currently have two 15" Kicker L7's in a big box, I really dont know the dimensions/cubes off hand, but it takes up the whole cargo area of my 4 door Explorer.

This is the most recent pic I have, but the box was pushed up onto the back seats when they were folded down, so it actually sits further toward the back

2010-12-14151352.jpg

I have a Hifonics BXi2610D amp pushing them, sounds amazing. I had a small prefab box before this one, that sat below the rear seatline, had a decent sized port. It was loud as hell, but with the bigger box, its amazing; the lows hit SO hard now and everything else just sounds great.

I would like something that hits harder though now (You know you just want more and more :p), and I found a Solo-X 18" on craigslist for 450$ in a pretty big box. Its about 2/3rds the size of my box, im just wondering what would hit harder, the X, or my L7's...

Some people are telling me my subs would blow the X away, then others say I wont notice much difference, if any.

Thanks guys!

I'd go for the x. You won't be sacrificing much output wise on the amp you have now and then by the time your wanting something louder you might have the money for a new amp and electrical to power the solo x properly. Then BOOM you have something louder...

Good point...naturally I reply to the ad, get no response, now today I just went to look and both the ads for them are deleted. Hopefully one pops up again soon.

On a smaller budget, what would be a good amp to push one? (Trying to spend as little as possible). (Judging that I would already have 2 extra batteries, and a HO alt)

L7- 15" ~1000RMS each.
X - 18" ~2500RMS each.

You decide. And the EXACT specs could easily be searched on the Kicker site.
on the 10 and 12 the rms is 2500. the 18 is 5kwrms.

to the op as far as amps go, get something that will feed it some decent power. anything aroudn 3500-5000 should be fine. how big of an alt you got? cause the power draw for 5k will be huge

K the ad is back up, he also has a Power Acoustik 5500 "Stax" amp, is that worth buying? How much would you guys offer for the amp alone, it looks like its in great shape.

the solo x will not handle 4k+ it will start getting warm and stinky. i had 3 so i know. it will definitely be louder than those l7's though, only in a good box with about 3k to her

Space is a huge issue, I dont really haul too much, but I hate how big my box is.

I LOVE the "Holy ****" factor when I open up the back hatch, but im sure an 18" Woofer will keep that going lol.

Is that P.A. amp worth getting? How much would you guys offer for it? He wants 450$ for the sub so what probably offer 600$ sub and amp?

I would like to build a short fat box for the X, something that doesnt sit much higher than the seats, but takes up the whole cargo area, id be fine with that.

1 more question, whats better in an SUV, sub up port up, sub back port back, sub up, port back?

Space is a huge issue, I dont really haul too much, but I hate how big my box is. I LOVE the "Holy ****" factor when I open up the back hatch, but im sure an 18" Woofer will keep that going lol.

Is that P.A. amp worth getting? How much would you guys offer for it? He wants 450$ for the sub so what probably offer 600$ sub and amp?

I would like to build a short fat box for the X, something that doesnt sit much higher than the seats, but takes up the whole cargo area, id be fine with that.

1 more question, whats better in an SUV, sub up port up, sub back port back, sub up, port back?
do a lot better with 650 bucks i am promising you.

AUDIOPIPE AUDIO 3000W MONO CLASS-D Car Power Amplifier | eBay

and you can get 10 percent off with a coupon

3000 watts at 2 ohm, 10 times better then the pa amp

its 30 inches long

HDC318-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer (D1_Only)

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154dac4b65662ee/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/0060_N2/product_overview.shopscript

n2-18 with neo magnet custom made american woofer, not some cheap kicker chinease crap

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/510137-2-15-rd-alpha-splv-2-subwoofers.html

better subs and these 2 15's will get much louder then your l7's, and not need as big as a box

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/509373-18-fully-loaded-btl-d1.html

better then solox

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/508646-fi-btl-n3-12-d2-bnib-%24390.html

wanna see how the fi btl's magnet looks, looka t this now compare that magnet force to yoyur solo x lmao.

ORION HCCA 15 1st Gen Old School Brand New warranty. | eBay

these 2 would be better hen your l7's

on that audiopipe

and these are all new

thanks forall that info,doing more rersearch, that amp is only 500w more than my hifonics, and lot cheaper than my hinfonics also. I was also looking alot into each sub, and most of them seemed like they were for "SPL" not "SQ"

Thatleads me into more questions, can someone explain in detail to me whats the difference? If I get an 18" Fi BTL sub, its gonna sound like ****, but flex the hell outta my truck? Im going for the loudest sound. Whats the benefits of going for SPL?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.