i been in the market for a new sub amp. i have two 12' jl w3v3 4 ohms i was running them at 2 ohms. with Kenwood Kac-9104d 1800max it sounded OK. i bought a MEMPHIS BELLE 16-MCD1000 and ended up selling my Kac-9104d before getting the memphis. i installed the belle but the amp wouldn't leave protect mode due mainly to my mono to y-adapter RCA but others factors as well. so now i am stuck with no sub amp and some money. im looking for an amp that is not sensitive like a b***h and is 1000rms-1500rms that uses 4 awg wire for power and ground besides that. an amp that last.

i was looking at

pioneer prs-d1200spl

kenwood x1200m

jl audio 1000/1v2

im very open to others suggestions. just want to get to bump again.

Edited by heydes
wrong amp name

Sundown Audio SAX-1200D great sub amp...

2002 Chevy Camaro 35th Anniv. Edition

Head Unit-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794

Subs-1 15" Sundown Audio SA-15 2 Ohm DVC

Sub Amp-Audioque AQ1200D

Front Stage-6.5" Digital Designs DDAW6.5 Components

Mids & Highs Amp-Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Rear Stage-6.5" JL Audio C2 Evolution Components

EQ, Crossover, Processor-Arc Audio XEQ Equalizer

Electrical-XS Power D3400 battery, Knu Konceptz 1/0 & 4 Gauge, Big 3

Sound Damp-Over 80 sq. ft. of Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Overkill & Lux Liner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sundown Audio SAX-1200D great sub amp...

everybody on here says good about sundown audio i will kept it in mind. do you have personal experience with this amp????

you need power at 2 ohms so sundown sax would not be a good choice

ZRS-C65 CADENCE AMP 2400 W CLASS D SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER | eBay

this would be my choice.

or

NEW ALPINE MRP-M1000 CAR AUDIO MONO AMPLIFIER AMP 1000W | eBay

or MB QUART ONX1.1500D 1500 WATT MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER | eBay

id go cadence

you need power at 2 ohms so sundown sax would not be a good choice

ZRS-C65 CADENCE AMP 2400 W CLASS D SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER | eBay

this would be my choice.

or

NEW ALPINE MRP-M1000 CAR AUDIO MONO AMPLIFIER AMP 1000W | eBay

or MB QUART ONX1.1500D 1500 WATT MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER | eBay

id go cadence

no sundown??? is it cause of the ohms??? ok i looked into those amps the mb quart seem to require 2 awg wire so i dont want to risk it.

by using 4 awg

the alpine seems to basic.

cadence??? never heard of them looked it up seems like they make high performance for low price??

might go with that cause the price is attractive.

more opinions out there. i just want to gather a lot of different opinions before i go buying my new sub amp.

bump...... more opinions out there. i just want to gather a lot of different opinions before i go buying my new sub amp.

i actually just bought a kenwood x1200m. Hooked it up to my re audio sxd418, wired @ 2 ohms. Started of weak, really weak. then when i turned the gain up, went into protection mode. Not only do i have to send it back because its a "faulty" product, this was brand new, not refurb. My opinion, scratch that x1200m of your list.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrpep
      I have a Yukon 2003 that has 3 rows so space is tight between the 3rd row and the hatch rear door. I have no big three upgrade.  I am using 4 Gage OFC from the battery to the fuse and CCA Gage from that point to a secondary battery that runs in parallel, the cca to amp. I run short grounds of CCA 4Gage from the battery to a threaded seat post that has had the zinc cleaned off so it is all metal to metal contact. I use a Alpine mrx1000 so 1000 rms monoblock to power a W6V3 and I have just bought a used W7 10" in a ported box. My concern is that I am not getting enough power but the the W7, it is rated at 750 rms. Should this system do for what I need? I have heard of Head units clipping , how do I know if mine is ? Am I getting enough power to the sub? I did hear some clipping when I was trying to tune my amp/ gain so I feel enough power did make it to sub but want to get your thoughts on this. Im just tryint to make sure that I am not bottlenecking or losing power. 
    • By mrpep
      I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 
    • By fohrums
      SPEAKER: MB Quart QS216 (1-pair) AMP: ? CAPACITOR: ? Looking for amp to match MB Quart speakers rated at 80/170w. Power rating is 4 ohms. I only prefer to shop at sonicelectronix. I found a couple 2channel-ClassAB amps that have an rms ranging from 100-150w. Are there any benefits in going above RMS but still way below the max wattage output? I want to emphasize keeping the gain below 50% as I had a terrible experience a couple years ago and i'm back at it finally!
      Then, once I have my amp I want to be able to support it with a capacitor. So let's just assume my amp is 1000w should I double the farad from 1 to 2 at this point or triple it?
      The following are amps based on an arbitrary factor where I subtracted the max wattage and rms then side viewing it with price. I don't wanna be robbed or regretting a purchase for a higher priced one (sorted by descending order by price):

Rockford Fosgate Punch P500X2 Price: $270 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 500w EARTHQUAKE SOUND PH800W/2 (My initial choice, any reason not to get this?) Price: $140 Watt Rms: 125w Watt Max: 800w Soundstream ST2.1000D Price: $110 Watt Rms: 140w Watt Max: 1000w Pioneer GM-A5702 Price: $115 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 1000w Precision Power PPI ICE800.2 (This looks too good to be true) Price: $80 Watt Rms: 130w Watt Max: 800w Hifonics ZXX-500.2 Price: $80 Watt Rms: 125w Watt Max: 500w Planet Audio AC600.2 (Ok,....what's the catch?) Price: $60 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 600w
    • By TEXASSILVER
      I am parting out the system in my 2017 Chevy Silverado with BOSE. I have two JL Audio Amps and a TWK D8. I have multiple listings and will bundle discount. 
      XD300/1v2 Used for 9 months, running a JL Audio 10TW1 in Chevy Console Stealthbox, Retail $339.99, Requesting $175
      XD600/6v2 Brand New, never Used. Was taken out of the box, measured and put back in, never hooked up. Retail $559.99, Requesting $275
      JL Audio TWK-D8. Never used. Was taken out of the box, measured and put back in, never hooked up. Retail $379.99, Requesting $150

• By A321J
      Good evening,

I'd like to upgrade my stereo in a 2011 Toyota Land cruiser Prado 150.
      I have a factory audio system with the amplifier under the passenger seat.
      The only requirements are 2xUSB, Apple carplay and the ability to connect a reversing camera.

The Pioneer SPH-Da120 looks as though it would be suitable.

Could anyone tell me if this will connect easily to the factory speakers on my Prado. I would like all the speakers to work and be connected correctly, but I'm not at all familiar with these things.

So if anyone has done this on their Prado or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks