Participant count
  • Participant list

heydes
10+ year member

i been in the market for a new sub amp. i have two 12' jl w3v3 4 ohms i was running them at 2 ohms. with Kenwood Kac-9104d 1800max it sounded OK. i bought a MEMPHIS BELLE 16-MCD1000 and ended up selling my Kac-9104d before getting the memphis. i installed the belle but the amp wouldn't leave protect mode due mainly to my mono to y-adapter RCA but others factors as well. so now i am stuck with no sub amp and some money. im looking for an amp that is not sensitive like a b***h and is 1000rms-1500rms that uses 4 awg wire for power and ground besides that. an amp that last.

i was looking at

pioneer prs-d1200spl

kenwood x1200m

jl audio 1000/1v2

im very open to others suggestions. just want to get to bump again.

Last edited by a moderator:
no sundown??? is it cause of the ohms??? ok i looked into those amps the mb quart seem to require 2 awg wire so i dont want to risk it.

by using 4 awg

the alpine seems to basic.

cadence??? never heard of them looked it up seems like they make high performance for low price??

might go with that cause the price is attractive.

more opinions out there. i just want to gather a lot of different opinions before i go buying my new sub amp.

i actually just bought a kenwood x1200m. Hooked it up to my re audio sxd418, wired @ 2 ohms. Started of weak, really weak. then when i turned the gain up, went into protection mode. Not only do i have to send it back because its a "faulty" product, this was brand new, not refurb. My opinion, scratch that x1200m of your list.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.