Participant count
  • Participant list
I am trying to install a pioneer stereo into an '89 Dodge Caravan. I am making my own wiring harnesses using the old radio connectors (which I have removed from the OEM radio's circuit board). My two main questions are:

1. Where should I ground the new stereo? (The old radio had a flat braided metal cord bolted to the back of the OEM stereo housing. I suspect this is the grounding cord, but don't want to just assume that.)
  2. Is there a site where can I get a free radio wiring diagram, specific to the '89 Caravan; or someone who can answer some other specific questions for me?

I have the installation manual for the pioneer unit, and a generic wiring diagram for Dodge Caravans (from the 1984-1995 Haynes manual), but I have seen other wiring diagrams online specific to the '89 Caravan that have conflicting information.

Please help!

Yeah that wire on the back of the radio was a ground, you can use it, but I would recomend just putting a small screw in the metal housing around the radio cavity with your own ground wire, this will prevent any problems caused by that OEM wireing being old and worn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.