RE Audio xxx 15'' enclosure help

devin601
10+ year member

OK. I have a RE audio XXX 15'' and need to know what hz, cube feet, etc. to have a box built at. I heard that RE specs are not the ones to use for best results. I am putting it in a jeep. I have a Hifonics 2600 mono amp with a 2400 Kinetik battery. Any help will be apprecaited.

Ikr. Its confusing I built one at 33 hz at 5 and it sounded good but im a amatear at this box building stuff. It had holes and was leaking everywhere. I had it ported. I need one real good design. I want wood size etc, to give to the guy im going to have build it. I am willing to pay for this info. Any help would be appreciated.

If this is the new style XXX, I have the same sub. Go with a large sealed box. Around 4 cubic feet sealed would be good. If you want to go ported, you need to go big. Like ~7 cubic feet big (net). Lots of port area and tune low. The ported box I had was 5 cubic feet net tuned to 31hz with 69 square inches of port and it had a very peaky response. I took the same ported box, sealed the port on it and the response was much smoother. Much better low end, too.

Ikr. Its confusing I built one at 33 hz at 5 and it sounded good but im a amatear at this box building stuff. It had holes and was leaking everywhere. I had it ported. I need one real good design. I want wood size etc, to give to the guy im going to have build it. I am willing to pay for this info. Any help would be appreciated.
some liquid nails would fix that up good lol. glue & screw shit together, then on the inside run a line of liquid nails.

If you want to go ported, you need to go big. Like ~7 cubic feet big (net). Lots of port area and tune low. The ported box I had was 5 cubic feet net tuned to 31hz with 69 square inches of port and it had a very peaky response.
If you would have gone smaller and tuned lower it would have cut down on that peak quite a bit. Going with a larger box is going to make it more peaky, so if you're tuning that high above the sub's fs, it'd be better to go with a smaller box to tame the peak a little. I wouldn't even think of tuning over 30hz with this sub, and I heard they're pretty much useless above 60hz, so you better have some good midbass to keep up(or at least try to).

thanks for the responses. I have the newer model one and is going to try the smaller box. I have tried like a 7 cubic feet sealed and a 5 cubic feet at 33 and didnt really like neither one. Im going to try the smaller one and see what i get. Thanks for the responses.

and what do you guys mean by peaky response?
Like a big gain in output in a certain area, say 40-50hz, but then a noticeable drop in output down below that. I like to have stuff seem fairly flat down to about 30hz so you won't have to really adjust you sub level or bass knob when going from song to song.

If you would have gone smaller and tuned lower it would have cut down on that peak quite a bit. Going with a larger box is going to make it more peaky, so if you're tuning that high above the sub's fs, it'd be better to go with a smaller box to tame the peak a little. I wouldn't even think of tuning over 30hz with this sub, and I heard they're pretty much useless above 60hz, so you better have some good midbass to keep up(or at least try to).
Joo better listen to this guy here......he knows boxes.........I would even get a design from him......hes quick, cheap, and a great guy to work with......haha that didnt sound right

Joo better listen to this guy here......he knows boxes.........I would even get a design from him......hes quick, cheap, and a great guy to work with......haha that didnt sound right
I'm just putting on a front, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.