Help!!! Scion TC FI Q 18

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
here's the deal. i have a FI Q 18 in about 5 cubes sealed in my scion tc. running off of a Cadence Dakota 2400 maxx...1200 rms @ 1 ohm amp. Today we metered it and I got about 138.9 dbs...which isnt horrible but definitely isnt good. I want to get to around 150dbs. Someone suggest a bass enhancer and go ported. I am pretty sure the ports will help but I am not sure about the bass enhancer. Could it be my amp? The sub is fully loaded (all available options) so SOMEONE HELP ME GET THIS THING LOUDER!!!

i dont know what frequency because it was off music.

Blactimus: i was thinking that too. but i still want to get as high as I can. so any more suggestions...besides ports (which im pretty much set on)

More power is not how you go about getting 11dB more. Drivers won't even yield that much displacement.

139 -what you got off about 1000W

142 2,000W

145 4,000W

148 8,000W

151 16,000W

You need to do w hat everyone else does - make a ported box tuned to 50Hz and forget using this for music.

see thats the thing...its also my daily driver and i want to use it for music too...but also want to be able to do pretty good in small competitions too...or is my current setup already good enough for that?

More power is not how you go about getting 11dB more. Drivers won't even yield that much displacement.
139 -what you got off about 1000W

142 2,000W

145 4,000W

148 8,000W

151 16,000W

You need to do w hat everyone else does - make a ported box tuned to 50Hz and forget using this for music.
GTFO

tuning high is for fegs.

id rather have a groundpounder doing 142@ 35 than a fart box doing 150@55

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.