here's the deal. i have a FI Q 18 in about 5 cubes sealed in my scion tc. running off of a Cadence Dakota 2400 maxx...1200 rms @ 1 ohm amp. Today we metered it and I got about 138.9 dbs...which isnt horrible but definitely isnt good. I want to get to around 150dbs. Someone suggest a bass enhancer and go ported. I am pretty sure the ports will help but I am not sure about the bass enhancer. Could it be my amp? The sub is fully loaded (all available options) so SOMEONE HELP ME GET THIS THING LOUDER!!!

image_4627.gif

did you build the box yourself or someone build it for you? and did you meter this on music?

How did you meter it? Term lab? Audiocontrol? Where did you meter it? Outlaw? The dash?

Product Manager – Car Audio and Raw Speaker Drivers - Parts Express

partsexpress_logo_badge_color_on_white.png

it was metered on the dash...with a audiobox....or soundbox? something like that. nothing fancy just a little guide

image_4627.gif

i highly doubt youre gonna break 145 with that sub and power, even ported.

150 is huge, nateberrier had a BL 18 on 2k in a hatch, did 143 with the car sealed at the dash

haters-car.gif

fuck you eddie.
Judge me not by what i've done but the amount of haters on my balls.
you have the best user ID on teh site playa

Refs: NateBerrier, Thegreatestpenn, mossberg385t, mfenske, plugitin, retroaudioinc, michaellane, Ge_off_me

Feedback- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/489798-bumpinboats-feed-back-thread.html#post7273394

i dont know what frequency because it was off music.

Blactimus: i was thinking that too. but i still want to get as high as I can. so any more suggestions...besides ports (which im pretty much set on)

image_4627.gif

More power is not how you go about getting 11dB more. Drivers won't even yield that much displacement.

139 -what you got off about 1000W

142 2,000W

145 4,000W

148 8,000W

151 16,000W

You need to do w hat everyone else does - make a ported box tuned to 50Hz and forget using this for music.

see thats the thing...its also my daily driver and i want to use it for music too...but also want to be able to do pretty good in small competitions too...or is my current setup already good enough for that?

image_4627.gif

If this is for daily music, and not mainly competition, I'd construct a ported enclosure and tune appropriately.

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:

Sounds good.

zmtg.jpg

More power is not how you go about getting 11dB more. Drivers won't even yield that much displacement.

139 -what you got off about 1000W

142 2,000W

145 4,000W

148 8,000W

151 16,000W

You need to do w hat everyone else does - make a ported box tuned to 50Hz and forget using this for music.

GTFO

tuning high is for fegs.

id rather have a groundpounder doing 142@ 35 than a fart box doing 150@55

haters-car.gif

fuck you eddie.

Refs: NateBerrier, Thegreatestpenn, mossberg385t, mfenske, plugitin, retroaudioinc, michaellane, Ge_off_me

Feedback- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/489798-bumpinboats-feed-back-thread.html#post7273394

id rather have a groundpounder doing 142@ 35 than a fart box doing 150@55

Agreed. Though I'd rather have a completely flat in-car response at even less, too. :D

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:

Sounds good.

zmtg.jpg

build a box, tune to about 33 and youll be happy. if u use aero ports you can adjust tuning and raise it for comps

haters-car.gif

fuck you eddie.

Agreed. Though I'd rather have a completely flat in-car response at even less' date=' too. :D[/quote']

yea thats why i chose sealed box....but i still think i can just a little louder..at least in the low 140's

image_4627.gif

build a box, tune to about 33 and youll be happy. if u use aero ports you can adjust tuning and raise it for comps

I was going with aero ports because i had aero ports on my cvrs before. but what about simply porting the box I already have?

image_4627.gif

I was going with aero ports because i had aero ports on my cvrs before. but what about simply porting the box I already have?

if you do that the ports should prolly be external so you dont make the box any smaller. im not sure what the Q's like as far as space, but 5cubes should be in the range for it

haters-car.gif

fuck you eddie.

if you do that the ports should prolly be external so you dont make the box any smaller. im not sure what the Q's like as far as space, but 5cubes should be in the range for it

ok one more question. i have the sub facing upward toward the glass...so should I face the ports in the same direction or towards the rear?

image_4627.gif

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now