2008 Impala LAN and aftermarket stereo question. HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

adrian1185
10+ year member

More Cowbell!!!
Well, i just purchased a 2008 Chevy Impala LT with OnStar about 2 months ago and now im looking to install an aftermarket stereo and amplifier. The thing is, i dont want to buy the expensive *** harness LAN kit that retains all the OnStar settings and chimes. The crap costs 140 bucks on ebay and sonicelectronix but i was hoping there was an alternative to this. Are there any gurus out there that can help me out? Pointers? Suggestions? Is this thing absolutely necessary because i could care less about OnStar and door chimes.

Unplug the radio and see if anything goofy happens.

I've had error messages on the odometer, losing DIC info/controls, etc.

If nothing acts up you're probably OK to just use the cheap harness.

Also.. depending on the stock system, it may have the factory amp which IIRC is turned on with data.. but I'd have to check for sure. If it is, just bypass the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.