First car audio system!

mnboarder
10+ year member

I'm ordering all of my parts for my first setup and my sub i ordered turned out to be on backorder so I'm suppose to substitute it. I ordered a Kicker VCVR122 enclosed sub. I have a Kicker ZX500.1 Amp coming and I need to find a enclosed sub to match it. I'm looking for a single 12" sub that would match the RMS of the amp.

Here are the amp specs

Kicker ZX500.1-

# ZX Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier

# RMS Power Rating (14.4V):

* 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.

* 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.

# High efficiency MOSFET power supply

# LED power and protection indicators

# Remote bass level input (Kicker 10ZXRC remote level control sold separately)

# Tuned Bass EQ (0-18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz)

# Preamp RCA outputs

# Muting circuit cancels out unwanted noise

# Boost, gain, and crossover frequencies are top-mounted for easy access

# Balanced differential inputs for noise elimination and factory-radio compatibility

# 3 Automatic turn-on modes (remote, DC offset, signal sense)

# Optional edgy vinyl skins for personalizing heat sinks available

# Optional Kicker 08ZXEC endcaps are available for all ZX amplifier models

# High-density convection heat sink for extreme heat dissipation

# Gold-plated RCA level inputs

# Gold-plated screw terminals

# Input sensitivity:

* Low level: 125mV-5V

* High level: 250mV-10V

# Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

# High-pass subsonic filter (24 dB at 25 Hz)

# CEA-2006 compliant amplifier

# Frequency response: 25-200 Hz

# Dimensions: 12"L x 9-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H

# Actual power exceeds rated power, documented inside each carton

# 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended. Contact us for information regarding a discount on a select amplifier kit when purchased together.

I would prefer a Kicker sub but whatever works best is fine with me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Any reason why you want a kicker sub? They sound like shit.

Look around to see if you can pick up something like a used SA-12 (don't be scared just because it's used..) and see if you can get one of the box builders on here to make you a custom ported enclosure. It's going to cost more, but I guarantee you'll be much more satisfied than buying a prefab loaded kicker enclosure..

I was told that you normally want to match amp and sub brands so thats the only reason why. Thanks for the input, ill look and around and see what I can find.

The two CVX 12's that I had sounded 100x better than my RE MX 12's... just sayin. CVR's are "ok", but the prefab loaded box may be the bottleneck if you are trying to get quality. You dont have to match brands for anything to be honest, just need to match your equipment so everything is running as it should be and you dont have any unnecessary problems i.e. amp failure due to wiring wrong vc subs, sub blowing due to overpowering... bla bla bla. Good luck on your system, and stay warm buddy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.