Does amp need to match subs?

but to answer you question, you need to match the RMS not the peak. You do not want to run the peak power all the time because you will damage the subs. If the subs are 150w RMS, then find an amp that does 150. You can probably go as high as 175w and be safe but 300w would be way too much. Of course they may be able to handle it, I have no experience with those subs. Ask in one of the other forums and you would get a better answer.

but to answer you question, you need to match the RMS not the peak. You do not want to run the peak power all the time because you will damage the subs. If the subs are 150w RMS, then find an amp that does 150. You can probably go as high as 175w and be safe but 300w would be way too much. Of course they may be able to handle it, I have no experience with those subs. Ask in one of the other forums and you would get a better answer.
In reality probly better off shooting for the max because after you figure in amp effeciency and imp rise you are not going to get what the amp says it can do

You can get any size amplifier you want. If your amplifier is smaller than the subwoofers then you may not be able to get max output but that depends on the rest of the system as well. If your amplifier is significantly larger than what the subwoofers can handle then you will risk blowing them from too much power. If you keep your gains at the appropriate levels, though, you will be good. I would get a larger amp, keep the gains modest and then I'd have an amp I could use if I wanted to upgrade to better subwoofers later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.