quick glassing question

dereck5

i accually have 2 questions. im looking to do some glassing and i was wondering if i used a smooth cotton like cloth instead of fleece, which everyone seems to use, would i still need the bondo to make it smooth or would it be ok? and 2nd if i were to glass my whole trunk would i be able to do half and half then put em both in and glass em together or would i have to do the whole project in the trunk?

Half anf half should work.

I too am thinking about glassing my trunk BUT not the Whole trunk as one piece. I would do it in sections, so it would be more like the trunk liner.

I would do it in pieces so you can get it back out with out destroying it if neccesary. Your going to need a little bondo anyway. The substrate is really a matter of personal preference. There is cotton in fleece but is is mostly polyester, which reacts with the polyester resin nicely. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah it's not really that bumpy on fleece if it's stretched well. Use fleece, you wont regret it. You can bond molds together, if they are going to be used as combined airspace I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise it's fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.