Alternator Adjustable Voltage Device?

Oldbass38
10+ year member

I'm going deaf
I would like to know if anyone knows how to make the adjustable voltage boost module like Mechman is currently selling..As seen below..AND if you are feeling generous, create a tutorial on how it's actually made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I want to try and make one since my budget is very tight!

Not too sure your gonna be able to make a VCM yourself. I believe they are around $100 from Mechman.
Yeah, they are $99 from MM...It just seems so simple that I figured I'd give it a shot myself if I could find the connectors and the rheostat type device. Anyone know where to buy that stuff?

I just want one made like the one Mechman sells. I already bought one but I have another vehicle that I want to put another one on and got to thinking that if I could make one I'd do that instead...I'd be willing to pay anyone $50 shipped if they can make me one that works like the Mechman one does. Theirs gives you an incremental adjustment that goes up to 17 volts.

I just want one made like the one Mechman sells. I already bought one but I have another vehicle that I want to put another one on and got to thinking that if I could make one I'd do that instead...I'd be willing to pay anyone $50 shipped if they can make me one that works like the Mechman one does. Theirs gives you an incremental adjustment that goes up to 17 volts.
Why not save $50 more bucks and buy a professionally built one??

Why not save $50 more bucks and buy a professionally built one??
Why should I spend $50 more IF I don't have to? This thing is soooo simple to make it doesn't matter if it's "professionally" made. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Why should I spend $50 more IF I don't have to? This thing is soooo simple to make it doesn't matter if it's "professionally" made. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
if its SOOO simple, why are you asking how to make it? Lol. Just sayin, I'd gladly pay $50 extra bucks for a quality product over something someone made in their garage....

if its SOOO simple, why are you asking how to make it? Lol. Just sayin, I'd gladly pay $50 extra bucks for a quality product over something someone made in their garage....
Let me guess...You work for Mechman? And YES, I do like that way the one I bought is already made....But why not try and make one? I know the parts to make one cannot cost over $25!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.