marcothecleptos 8 12s sealed build log

marcotheclepto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
subs are hifonics hfi 12d4 will be powered by a single hfi 2500 amp, i did at least manage to talk them outta the the two boss 3000 w amps they were looking at.

design, minus bracing on left and right shown, (will be modified to accomodate for the baffle.)

10 cf after bracing and 45 in all corners

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tried to talk them into this, 4th order isobaric. 6 ported @ 48 1.8 sealed each side. but it was a no go.

starting on the cuts

work on the baffle.

snuck my initials in,

clamping together.... i really need to buy more clamps this is all i got still get the job done, just a slower process lol

cutting up the baffle

baffle cut up

more progress

lol again i need more clamps.

more as its done

Wish I had the room to pull something like this off. Used to run six sealed tens forever ago. Hifonics Olympians to be exact. Got loud and was clean. I miss that setup

Wish I had the room to pull something like this off. Used to run six sealed tens forever ago. Hifonics Olympians to be exact. Got loud and was clean. I miss that setup
me too, haha im sacking my back seats for my 4 15s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

anyways....

got left/ right braces cut as well as the 45's

bracing all done, and got some caulk on all joints.

Baffle going on.

will wrap it tomorrow afternoon after glue is set in good. been rather cold here lately so giving it extra time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

also i bought two clamps today but then one broke on me ftl! (that one hiding in the back of the second pic)

carpet going on

cutting out the holes

finished product. got waterlogged other day. should be going in either today or later this week. (guys not in a hurry :dontknow: )

[

will add wire today. will have all internal wires coming to two separate terminals each set at 2 ohm. can be wired parallel for his amp (not ordered yet) or wired series for my autotek 4k for a test drive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.