box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

kwitcherbichin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i got a 7 cf box with 4 orion xtr pro subs and i need a lil help

but anyways if possible i would like someone to try to help me redesign this box to perform better

max dems are 18 tall 23 deep and 36 wide. i would like the box tuned around 25-28 hz im sure it would be a close call on the size and displacement of the subs with that low of tuning but if possible just let me know my options.

i want this enclosure to move alot of air with low notes. or at least perform greatly with low notes.

ex. one of my older systems

18"x23"x36" is only 5.03ft^3 before sub and port displacements...it's a tight fit for a pair of 12's in that space, not to mention with a 28hz tuning it'll be pretty much impossible.

I didn't even do the math..LOL

Edit just did that math it is 7.08ft3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Still to small though

18 is 16.5

36 is 34.5

23 is 21.5

multiply

divide by 1728

18"x23"x36" is only 5.03ft^3 before sub and port displacements...it's a tight fit for a pair of 12's in that space, not to mention with a 28hz tuning it'll be pretty much impossible.
what kind of calculator are u using... its barely under 7cf with just the sub displacement... how big was the port u were gona use?

what kind of calculator are u using... its barely under 7cf with just the sub displacement... how big was the port u were gona use?
Sorry, I must have mis-typed something into the box volume calc I was using...did it again and you're right at 7.08ft^3. If you're wanting to tune that low with adequate port area you're really going to eat up some box volume with a ~35" long port. Even doing three of the subs in that size box is a stretch, you'll either have to sacrifice box volume or port size...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.