do i need these fuses??

fyerbyrd22
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PA
i kno its a ****** pic but bear with me...am i gonna need those 2 fuses next to the aq2200 as well, or just the 2 next to my battery??...THIS IS NOT A THREAD DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT I NEED FUSES IN MY SETUP AT ALL...I DONT WANNA HEAR IT

fusequestion.jpg

only reason you would need them would be for classification purposes if you run meca cuz they go off fuse rating and it is suppose to be after all batteries within 18"'s of the amp i personally have none unless your wiring is faulty you dont need them they arent gonna stop your amp from getting messed up. just my .02!

only reason you would need them would be for classification purposes if you run meca cuz they go off fuse rating and it is suppose to be after all batteries within 18"'s of the amp i personally have none unless your wiring is faulty you dont need them they arent gonna stop your amp from getting messed up. just my .02!
theyre just gonna stop you from burning your car to the ground. lulz

yes but they wont stop anything back there its the oens up front that are gonna stop it if it gets grounded out to the frame or something if its gonna catch fire and burn a fuse aint gonna stop it!

fuse the runs from front to back on both ends, but the rear batts "should" be safe from grounding out assuming you have the wires secured and not rubbing on metal...

The only purpose of fuses is because there is no way to turn a battery off. Once a wire touches ground, if there is no fuse there your car is history. So, you NEVER need two fuses on the same line. Just keep it as close to the battery as possible, because any short between the battery and fuse obviously will not pop the fuse.

You can rid yourself of several fuses there if the rear batts are spaced out. I don't see why your rear batteries are that spaced out. You should only have 1 fuse on a power/ground pair. So when you connect your front to rear batts just fuse the positive. Then, keep your rear batts as close as possible(touching each other physically) then just use a short wire connecting them. You CAN fuse this wire although if something is shorting between the batts, chances are it is shorting the batts themselves too and you're screwed. Then you need a fuse after the rear batts and that's it. You really only need 2 fuses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.