What can a DC LVL 4 18 do db wise?

Your question is too open ended to answer properly, man. There are a ton of things that factor into how loud a particular woofer/amp combo can be. In the right vehicle, and the right enclosure, I'm sure a LVL 4 18" on 2k can get obscene. On the other hand, the wrong vehicle and enclosure could be a huge let down.

I can tell you this much, though. A friend of mine has a lvl 4 15" in 3.2 cubes @ 32 Hz (it may be 30Hz. It's been a while since I built the enclosure and I don't remember things as well as I used to). Power comes from the PAI-1000.1 (same thing as a sundown saz1000.1 as far as I know). It gets pretty loud. It sounds fucking awesome too. It's in a trunk car, and I didn't build the system with "getting loud" in mind. However, I think the same equipment in a small hatchback would meter well. But that's coming from me, and I'm not a basshead. What's loud to me may not be shit to you...

.... not getting my questions i guess guys. lets say in a normal trunk car honda nissa bmw.... in a normal 3/4ths in wood box any numbers? haha just to the ppl who have this sub and have gotten it metered

i have a 15 inch version of the sub you want to get, in a solid built box in a hatchback and I am only hitting 136. Very disappointing to me, i think it is because my voltage drops to high 11s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oh noes : ( im going to get it metered in a month or two but i got a grand marquis and i was hoppin i would hit mid 40's. but hey thanks for the input.

Its possible dude, whats your electrical like? Do you get a lot of voltage drop? After I get a second battery in the back of my car and get my big 3 fixed, I am hoping to be at 140. I will test everything possible til I am at 140 lol. I was hoping for low 140s out of mine, just not quite there yet.

.... not getting my questions i guess guys. lets say in a normal trunk car honda nissa bmw.... in a normal 3/4ths in wood box any numbers? haha just to the ppl who have this sub and have gotten it metered
There's still a lot of things to take into account, man. What are the odds that someone's going to have the same sub, on the same power, in the same enclosure and in the same car that you have? Now, factor in the fact that 90% of the people that have this sub, amp, enclosure and car don't know or care about getting metered.

That's why noone's going to be able to give you a number, man...

yea got big 3 done with 2/0 copper but ima get an optima pretty soon here but also my sub is in a real trunk no rear seats fold down. but i got a bigger amp so ill give it a try

There's still a lot of things to take into account, man. What are the odds that someone's going to have the same sub, on the same power, in the same enclosure and in the same car that you have? Now, factor in the fact that 90% of the people that have this sub, amp, enclosure and car don't know or care about getting metered.
That's why noone's going to be able to give you a number, man...
i think i already got my answer. a 15 is pretty close to an 18. dont be so down man. its not healthy and it pisses people off. you dont have to write anything if you dont want to ya know

yea got big 3 done with 2/0 copper but ima get an optima pretty soon here but also my sub is in a real trunk no rear seats fold down. but i got a bigger amp so ill give it a try
It's going to be tough to get loud in a trunk, unless you're willing to properly seal it off...and that often leads to "butchering" the vehicle...

Good luck. There could have been something up with my Termlab the day I tested though, my buddy set it up on his laptop and could have forgot to set the K Factor or something IDK. He hit a 127.x with his 15 inch FI X. It was also about 13 degrees outside lol

i think i already got my answer. a 15 is pretty close to an 18. dont be so down man. its not healthy and it pisses people off. you dont have to write anything if you dont want to ya know
A 15" is not "pretty close" to an 18".

I'm not "down".

I don't care if I pissed you off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I guess I'm sorry for trying to slightly educate you. I often forget that many people are too far gone. Hopefully you're not one of them...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1-12-t1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
1-12-t1
Mesa, Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date