to hifonics nay-sayers

hazardous0388
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alright. this one is for everyone who talks about how overrated hifonics is. yes, everyone has heard this phrase. i would say in certain aspects, certain models might be. but this thread pertains to the hifonics BRZ 2100.1

this weekend i did a mwspl show, just threw in my SA 8 on my 2100.1 for fun. just to meet people and have a good time. the SA 8 is a d2 and wires at a final load of 1.3ohm. in MIDWESTSPL, as most know, you get your amplifier clamped in the burped classes to make sure your not going over your power, makin it fair for everyone. cheater amps dont help anyone.

On my first run this amplifier clamped at 1848 watts!!! so just saying, if this amplifer was seeing a 1 ohm final load after all rises, the amplifier was still 88% efficient!!!

this amplifier performs **** good in my opinion. maxxsonics defiantly made a good product on the BRZ line.

So you clamped an amplifier at 1848w that's supposed to output 2100w at 1 ohm....and your telling us they aren't overrated?

Your short about 250 watts there bud.

So you clamped an amplifier at 1848w that's supposed to output 2100w at 1 ohm....and your telling us they aren't overrated?
Your short about 250 watts there bud.
Yep, could be because he said it was AT 1.3 when it was clamped....................................ya think?

i think 1800+ watts is good, considering he started with a 1.3 ohm load, and not knowing what the final rise was, most people wired down to .5 ohm to get rated power at 1 ohm to help fight impedance rise.

The 1.3 ohm was the measured resistance as it sat in the box not being played. U did not tale Dow. The Vac x Aac measurements from the show. And even if I was 250 watts short, that's more efficient then 90% of the other brands out there right now compared to actual vs. Rated output

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.