What Screws For My Box

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
What type of screws are best for mounting subs in a box? I want to do the hex screws, but not sure on what I should look for in a thread. I for sure want black hex screws.

I was thinking these:

TC Sounds Driver Mounting Wood Screws #8 x 1-1/2" 8 pcs. | Parts-Express.com

I know they arent black, but they would match my aluminum cone.

Im also considering the top 3 here:

https://www.madisound.com/store/index.php?cPath=404_18

Will any of these work better than another for MDF or are these not a good choice?

Those wont work with my sub or box. The mounting holes on the Evo are very close to the edge. After getting those Hurricane nuts in there I wouldnt be able to get the sub out. The motor would get stuck on them.

no gasket i assume then
I have the gasket as well. But here you can see how close the mounting holes are to the edge of the basket.

100_1672Resized.jpg

I coulda swore my evo was TC7 not TC2+
May have been a recone? This is a legit Evo. 1 of 300 made according to Thilo. The mag cover has 6.125 stamped in in which is the size of the slugs on the TC2+. Thilo and Shane also confirmed it as a TC2+.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.