HDC3 fail

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
First off this subwoofer is a customers which i just received to build a recone for. The basket was on with only two bolts as the previous owner had broke four of the heads off. Upon removing the softparts and boot, I took a closer look. The slugs had been glued on by what I can only conclude as a drunk Chinese assembly worker.

0110111634.jpg

After more investigation I noticed that on the "cooling channels" that are stupid and ineffective as they are, their machining process was very flawed as well. The fact that they allow visible flaws pass inspection this easily it makes me fear what other tolerances are on the drivers. This is the second HDC3 I have reconed this month, the other was not nearly as bad the pole just wasnt centered. When I am at work I will use shims and see how far off this pole is as well.

0110111617.jpg

Just a sad thing to see I would wish if a company can't get stuff done right in china they could pay the extra few bucks to have it done here the right way. I miss the HD3s when they were built with qualtiy and integrity.

This helps me conclude as to why HDC3s are time and time again quieter on drop in's from DDs. The parts can be as close to identical but with errors like that it will make an impact.

I noticed the same sh1t with the sdc2.5's, magnets glued together, cheap looking sh1t. Softparts were junk as well.
Dont even get me started on softparts. I did two tens for a guy two or three months ago. He had paid for them on the same date and ordered identical subs, one had 6 or 7 spiders the other had 4 and then his new recones looked to have 7 or 8. none of the parts matched up, the plastic spider ring is useless and innefective, just frustrating that people cant make quality like it used to be, its like we are almost forced to settle for ****.

Yeah getting paid like $10 or less a week means you're not gonna get good quality control, at least Apple has their stuff over in China well-controlled, everyone else seems to **** at the QC, and that should be an easy thing to do.

Dont even get me started on softparts. I did two tens for a guy two or three months ago. He had paid for them on the same date and ordered identical subs, one had 6 or 7 spiders the other had 4 and then his new recones looked to have 7 or 8. none of the parts matched up, the plastic spider ring is useless and innefective, just frustrating that people cant make quality like it used to be, its like we are almost forced to settle for ****.
Which is why Im not getting audioque subs anymore. I think their amps are fine though.

ehhh a guy in Green Bay has two AQ1200s and he has had nothing but horror stories with em. Im personally running his repaired 1200d for the time being (its on its third or fourth repair), besides efficiency rating being off by close to 10% of its rated at 4ohm its been doing about rated power

ehhh a guy in Green Bay has two AQ1200s and he has had nothing but horror stories with em. Im personally running his repaired 1200d for the time being (its on its third or fourth repair), besides efficiency rating being off by close to 10% of its rated at 4ohm its been doing about rated power
I had two aq 1200's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif and they did fine.

I had two aq 1200's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif and they did fine.
Thats good im not saying everything they produce is bad. Every company has a failure rate, I just feel that with cheeping out with their outsourcing they use that AQs gotta have a pretty high failure rate compared to most. I know they go through more recones then anyone in the business thats for sure. Your right I dont know about the amps, I am simply going off what I have personally seen, thats all. My opinions based on my experience.

Thats good im not saying everything they produce is bad. Every company has a failure rate, I just feel that with cheeping out with their outsourcing they use that AQs gotta have a pretty high failure rate compared to most. I know they go through more recones then anyone in the business thats for sure. Your right I dont know about the amps, I am simply going off what I have personally seen, thats all. My opinions based on my experience.
how are the aq comps? probably cheap as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin buick

5,000+ posts
Science is everything
bumpin buick
Appleton, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date