Hybrid Clarus C61 vs. Boston Acoustics SPZ60

Which speaker?

• Total voters

wytbw
10+ year member

Socal
I have come down to these two compnent speakers and I need help making the final decision. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry. Currently using factory HU. I have a JL 13w6 that will be running 500 watts. Rear fill will be DLS Iridium 6.5 Ultimate Iridium Series Midbass Driver.

I listen to reggae, hip hop, dubstep, etc. I prefer smooth to bright tweeters. I want a feeling of enveloped midbass and bass with clear powerful midrange. Again, too bright hurts my ears, so smoother is better.

I'm interested in people who have heard both and know how they compare to one another. Which has the most midbass? Which sounds the clearest, which is smoothest?

bump...needs opinions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why not add a Anp to those DLS????

You can use those DLS as your front stage?

I like DLS tweeters vs Hybrid or Bostons.

you can up grade that tweeter to more of Scanspeak,Seas,SB Acoutics, Vifa-NE line.

if you have a EQ, then maybe you can EQ the brightness down.

But your install will be greater.

Are you planning on off axis or on axis, pillars or doors, Kick panels????

Why not add a Anp to those DLS????You can use those DLS as your front stage?

I like DLS tweeters vs Hybrid or Bostons.

you can up grade that tweeter to more of Scanspeak,Seas,SB Acoutics, Vifa-NE line.

if you have a EQ, then maybe you can EQ the brightness down.

But your install will be greater.

Are you planning on off axis or on axis, pillars or doors, Kick panels????
Well, I definitely want to go with one of the two I mentioned for the front stage. My plan was to put the midrange in the factory spot in the door and the tweeters placed in the doors as well. I believe there are airbags in the pillars, and I don't want to put them in the factory location, because it will be bouncing off the windshield. I have also considered going with the Legatia L61-2.

haha I fail. Accidently voted for the BAs on my droid.

Too many options in that price range. While I was impressed by the spz60s, if you're worried about brightness, you may want to steer clear. Cant comment on any HAT speakers since I haven't heard em, but seems to be one of the most popular companies among those that have.

HAT it is, although I'm really tempted by some of Scott's trade-in/garage sales on the Legatia... Hrmmm....what to do, what to do...

I used the L1s, but I've never heard the L6s. I will tell you, if you properly install the MLK mids and send at least 150w to each, they pound for midbass. For that kind of music, I don't think you'll be happy with HAT stuff, based on others I've known to run them. They seem to do better on jazz/classical/any type of instrumental music versus electronic. Are you running a processor after your factory HU?

I used the L1s, but I've never heard the L6s. I will tell you, if you properly install the MLK mids and send at least 150w to each, they pound for midbass. For that kind of music, I don't think you'll be happy with HAT stuff, based on others I've known to run them. They seem to do better on jazz/classical/any type of instrumental music versus electronic. Are you running a processor after your factory HU?
I've heard the L6 is pretty beast. Processor will be a future upgrade. I'm currently determining whether I should foregoe the HU and put my money into better speakers and an amp and do the HU and Processor at a later time. Although, I don't plan on competing, this is just for my listening pleasure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...