Okay, I'm hearing mixed opinions here...some folks are telling me to keep the Cap and get a second battery! They said that the cap will help when that deep bass demands alot of power! as supposed to pulling all of the energy from the alternator....

Are those people telling you to keep the cap members on here?

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin

Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Yeah, i have a couple of guys PMing me telling me to keep it and use it....

Big3 > caps

I am running an MBQ dsc at 2ohm (750rms) on a stock 90a alt. Prior to big 3 my lights would dim quite a bit volts were dropping. After doing big 3 in 0ga, at full tilt I never even drop below 13.8v. I myself was somewhat shocked by the effectiveness of it. My car idles at 14.4, so I am only dropping .6v...Now obviously, the power you plan is a completely different issue then my punk asss 750rms, but I am just speaking to the effectiveness of it

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Big3 > caps

I am running an MBQ dsc at 2ohm (750rms) on a stock 90a alt. Prior to big 3 my lights would dim quite a bit volts were dropping. After doing big 3 in 0ga, at full tilt I never even drop below 13.8v. I myself was somewhat shocked by the effectiveness of it. My car idles at 14.4, so I am only dropping .6v...Now obviously, the power you plan is a completely different issue then my punk asss 750rms, but I am just speaking to the effectiveness of it

Now Imthinking about ordering some cheaper 1/0 gauge and do my whole systek with it instead of buying and expensice kit for just the amp...

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________

-Head Unit: Kenwood DNX-692HD_____________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100

-Sub Stage: Focal KX40 16"_________________ -Sub Stage: Looking

-Mids/Highs: Focal KRX & PHD AF____________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt

-Sub Amp: Mosconi AS200.4_________________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)

-Mid Amp: Mosconi AS200.4_________________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

If you can avoid it, dont skimp out on wire...it defeats the purpose. Wire can only carry so much current, so when you skimp it, you skimp on the current delivery capability so to speak. Buying cheap 0ga that is really only the size of 4ga does no good..4ga is only rated at 125a at the MOST. Not everyone can afford Kicker and Streetwires etc, but shop around and make sure you can get the best wire possible

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Well I was gunna go with Knu 0 gauge kit but that may not even be enough to reach my amp if it wont fit under the seat and now Im thinkin I may have to do the Big 3 too

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________

-Sub Amp: Mosconi AS200.4_________________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)

Knu is pretty good. That is what I used. I liked it...If possible buy the kit and then buy like 12feet or so from this site for the big 3...as a matter of fact, if you measure what you need for big 3 and let me know, I might be able to help you..i have plenty of extra wire

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

Is the monster cable 1/0 a quality wire, I think it's 400 series ??

Knu is pretty good. That is what I used. I liked it...If possible buy the kit and then buy like 12feet or so from this site for the big 3...as a matter of fact, if you measure what you need for big 3 and let me know, I might be able to help you..i have plenty of extra wire

Its an F-150 so I may need quite abit for the big 3

Big3 > caps

If your amp is really putting out 750 watts, without even factoring in amplifier efficiency, at 14v, 750 watts is 53 amps. add in 20% waste for heat and it's 63.6 amps.

Headlights, and ignition system can easily be 30 amps, bringing the current draw right up to 93..

I'd say you have a pretty good alternator, and some exceptional wiring with virtually no losses. THERE ARE NO AMOUNT OF CAPS that can do that.

which MBQ DCS amp do you have at 750 RMS? --> MB Quart Car Audio -- DISCUS Amplifers

Will I have a power drop off, since I will be using 1/0 gauge wire throughout my truck to a distribution block then 4 gauge from the distro block to the amp....the amp only accepts up to 4 gauge....

Will I have a power drop off, since I will be using 1/0 gauge wire throughout my truck to a distribution block then 4 gauge from the distro block to the amp....the amp only accepts up to 4 gauge....

You may end up with dimming headlights, but the short run of 4AWG from the dist. block to the amp won't be the cause of it.

whats a reducer????? never heard of it

the amp only accepts up to 4 gauge....

If the amp only accepts 4 gauge, then 4 gauge will be enough.

Or get a better amp.

I have 2 Orion H2 12.2 subs that will be powered by an Orion 2500D amp at 1 Ohm (I think). I've been searching high and low for all my options. I am going to do the Big3 upgrade for sure but i was thinking about getting a Kinetik HC1800 battery for a secondary battery in the back and I still have my regular Duralast Battery in the front. I'm going to run 0 gauge throughout my truck (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee). I have a stock 136 Amp alternator.Thoughts?????

I have a '00 GC...the 136A alt will be fine.

upgrade your big 3 in 1/0 & replace the duralast w/ a HC1800 under the hood. no need for 2 batts.

oh yeah...I think that I'm going to try to find one on ebay...the only thing is the Orion 2500D amp has two inputs for ground and power...will I have to get four of those???even though isn't 2-4 gauge wires equal to a 1/0 gauge????

If it has 2 inputs, do use a distro block close to the amp and go from 0/1 to two runs of 4

Children are the future… today belongs to me!

I personaly think using a distro block then running 4 gauge is completel retarded unless its to two amps... I mean seriously your only as good as your weaknesses so running a foot of 4 gauge is gunna have just the same affect of running 17 feet of 4 gauge... Cuz if 4 gauge could run the same current 0 gauge could no one would use it... I kinda picture it as a funnel, you run 0 gauge to 4 then it just get choked and adding a distro seems like it would just ad one more "restriction" to the system... am I wrong?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now