I have 2 Orion H2 12.2 subs that will be powered by an Orion 2500D amp at 1 Ohm (I think). I've been searching high and low for all my options. I am going to do the Big3 upgrade for sure but i was thinking about getting a Kinetik HC1800 battery for a secondary battery in the back and I still have my regular Duralast Battery in the front. I'm going to run 0 gauge throughout my truck (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee). I have a stock 136 Amp alternator.Thoughts?????

Yes It would be a good idea to do a second battery, I run 2k from single battery and I drop from 15v to 13.2 under load,(If I REEEELY FLOG IT) Lights dim of course. To avoid dimming and to avoid ruining yo carz I would get an 1800 though the 1400 would probably work ok too.

• Haha 1

Refs: mrmakinmoves[sCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

pHmEQ.gif

http://www.execution-audio.com/

Oh yeah not to mention that I have a 40 farad Cap as well...

Oh yeah not to mention that I have a 40 farad Cap as well...

You were better off not mentioning that. On a good note, go sell it and use the money to help fund your battery.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin

Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

LOL...I know...it hurts my system more than anything...

LOL...I know...it hurts my system more than anything...

So why not disconnect it/bypass it till it's sold?

I actually placed an ad up here earlier to try to trade it or sell it...I'll take that money and put it towards a new battery...

I actually placed an ad up here earlier to try to trade it or sell it...I'll take that money and put it towards a new battery...

You'll have better luck on craigslist, especially for that price.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin

Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

you'd better hope that the potential buyer doesn't read this thread otherwise they will soon realize they are just wasting money! LOL

LOL...Djtoronto...I already know...someone just made an offer to me though...so its hopefully its out of my hands...its a good piece of equipment though.....

LOL...Djtoronto...I already know...someone just made an offer to me though...so its hopefully its out of my hands...its a good piece of equipment though.....

If i were you, I'd take the offer and run!! regardless of how low it was

LOL, he bought it for $100 dollars

WIN for you...

I don't know how you sleep at night.. LOL.. taking that poor kids money like that....

I'd have taken the money too ! ha ha

Caps. :uhoh:

squirrel.gif

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

I wish I would have known this before buying the cap....lol. I thought I was really getting something good for my system...

while we're at it - can someone explain to me why exactly caps are bad??

I'm not saying they aren't. I never used one and never will simply based on all the people bashing them, i just don't understand what exactly it does that hurts you. Someting along the lines of "power it stores still comes from sowhere so in reality u're rubbing your...."

while we're at it - can someone explain to me why exactly caps are bad??

I'm not saying they aren't. I never used one and never will simply based on all the people bashing them, i just don't understand what exactly it does that hurts you. Someting along the lines of "power it stores still comes from sowhere so in reality u're rubbing your...."

They are not bad at all. They simply don't add what the uninformed people claim they add.

But a cap, in no way detracts from the performance, and it most definitely acts as a filter, smoothing out any electrical noise you may have - and this is probably not audible.

The whole subject is a clusterfuck on the net, so good luck being pointed to a reliable source, and there is usually a similar reliable source saying the exact opposite.

Just read as much as you can on the subject, and make your own conclusion. Haven't read about anyone adding a cap and then reporting noticeable reduction in performance.

Might want to look into a battery isolator if you're going to be running two completely different batteries (duralast wetcell and kinetik agm).

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239

The Carlton: Entertaining yo momma since 1990

Okay, I'm hearing mixed opinions here...some folks are telling me to keep the Cap and get a second battery! They said that the cap will help when that deep bass demands alot of power! as supposed to pulling all of the energy from the alternator....

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now