Street Sounds car audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

orphe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Houston
Im not the type of person to do reviews but for this place I will. This place is located between N shepherd and Tidwell.

In short they owe me $360. Purchased 2 memphis subwoofers there and they were defective. The manager/owner took the subwoofers back and said come back in a week when he gets more voice coils in. I called in and his story switched up and he was trying to sway me into a custom box for the subwoofers if I paid him $300 more. Needless to say I did not get my subwoofers back. I was ripped off. It was a life lesson to never trust anyone here as all they really want is your money.

Also they advertise that they are a Memphis authorized dealer. According to Memphis’s website Master Car Stereo Plus is the authorized dealer for that address. That place is located just a few miles away. I dunno. Maybe 2 stores with the same owner. Either way, Im staying away from both (guilty by association).

this is why i buy from sonicelectronix. just the fact that they would rather "replace the coils" than replace the sub boggles my mind. i live in houston and only visit the car audio shops around town for installation accessories. i stay away from this morons around installing and selling audio.

this is why i buy from sonicelectronix. just the fact that they would rather "replace the coils" than replace the sub boggles my mind. i live in houston and only visit the car audio shops around town for installation accessories. i stay away from this morons around installing and selling audio.
You aren't very smart. Most of the gear from a site like SonicElectronix is refurbished. If you bought your sub their chances are it has been reconed. :fyi:er

And a reconed sub is just as good as a new one.

especially when most of the Memphis line are cheaper to replace the sub ....

shady is the nicest thing i can say about "shops" like that...

hopefully you paid with a CC/Debit and can have the charges reversed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You aren't very smart. Most of the gear from a site like SonicElectronix is refurbished. If you bought your sub their chances are it has been reconed. :fyi:er
And a reconed sub is just as good as a new one.
yup...

Sonic buys all of our bstock and warranty returns as well as new but they get a ton of bstock....

look at some of their prices... then see what a REAL authorized dealer pays for A stock....

lol r u following me? forunatley it seems only FI sells FI subs. and mine was bought used(100$) from a guy on CL who hadn't even broken it in yet. and yes i know recones are just as good. replaces cone and coils. after that just like new. also cheap, 90 bucks from fi to recone my sub.

If you bought Memphis Audio, chances are it was from an unauthorized dealer. They are very picky about who they sell to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...