9515rob Winter Rebuild

9515ROB
10+ year member

TEAM DTF
Sherman IL
Alright well since my sub has a giant chunk taken out of it and now the rest of the surround is starting to go i figure its time to start my winter rebuild for next year. Basically every thing that i had that was nice earlier this year has fallen apart and i have given up fixing so we are just gonna start over. The box and subs are the only thing thats gonna stay the same.

My goals

1. Get subs reconed

2. fiberglass the inside of my box

3. attempt to seal off trunk from the rest of the car

4. get new batts

5. finish up my trunk so it looks nice

6. get new door panels

7. Get a 14k2e

Alright here are some pics of how bad my car looks after 1 year

007.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

Here is what has started the rebuild

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

Well today i decided that i was going to start taking everything out. Started with the subs and i tell you what it was the biggest pain in the *** ever. They were basically glued to the wood and would not come out it took me 20 min to get the first sub out and if i wouldnt have been able to grab the basket it would have never came out.

007-1.jpg

got the temp amp rack out

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Thats all i got for the day i didnt mess with anything else because i did not wanna take my highs out then i would have no music at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Nice bro....How did you do that to that sub? lol And i feel as if your wall's bracing is jackin my old wall''s swag...lol
when i got it it already had a cut in the surround and i patched it with a btl surround underneath and it just took its toll on it over time and tore a chunk out of it then i just kept beating it and it starting ripping the top and i said F it today and took it all out

haha you like that treated 4x4

when i got it it already had a cut in the surround and i patched it with a btl surround underneath and it just took its toll on it over time and tore a chunk out of it then i just kept beating it and it starting ripping the top and i said F it today and took it all out
haha you like that treated 4x4
Ahhh i see....and what's with this site nowadays....no interest in CA anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

That sub looks worse than the audiobahn I got taped up, now I dont feel half as bad for running it haha. And I really need to do something with my doors...
it wasnt doing bad when it had the big hole in it just didnt sound very good but was still able to beat then i realized yesterday when i got off it really sounded bad and looked over and the whole top was tearing apart

no matter what you do NOT cut the pieces that keep the door panel on the door off thats why mine started falling apart because i had one hook holding on the bottom half of my door.

All these mustangs runnin around. Hahahahahahaha.

The subs were stuck most likely because of the paint where the outter ring lays down. I'm just assuming. That's what happened to me.

well i was going to run a 14k2e at some point next year but the price went up about 500 bucks from what i got quoted originally so think i might try out Sound Digital depending on what i get quoted for a 16k

well ive been busy working and finally got some work done not much but a little bit. Worked on getting my trunk ready to fit 10 batteries in it

Tore out all the wire from my amps and grounds....its a mess of sh1t i know

2.jpg

got the trunk all clean and swept out

4.jpg

starting to work on my false floor for my batteries so sit on

1-1.jpg

Got the Frame for the batteries to stay in in and 5 of the 10 batts in

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Waiting to get my other batteries so i can trade my buddy for his 5 so i will have 10 batteries in my trunk when its all said and done

I forgot to add that i am now on TEAM SHOK so i will be running 3+ and 3- runs of SHOK Reference series 0 gauge from front to back and possibly more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.