Diamond audio 15 (D315D4.2) on eclipse 34230 amp ///how to wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeezDrama
10+ year member

My nephew has an eclipse 34230 amp- he just bought a Diamond Audio D315D4.2 15 that we need to get wired up...the sub is 4ohm dvc and rated for 500w rms 1000w max.

As far as I know the amp is 2 channel non bridgeable, Ive read that this amp is 4 ohm and 8 ohm stable, and that its a dual mono amp...

The amp is way underated at 370rms x2 but have read that this amp can put out 1100 rms.

but dont know if ohm load can be dropped lower than 4 on this amp???

My question is...

Can I run one amp channel to one voice coil on the sub and the other amp channel to the second voice coil on the sub? If it really is dual mono would that be safe -or would this be stereo and blow the sub?

We are building the ported enclosure tomorrow with specs from diamond audios website for this sub and need to figure out best way to wire this sub up...

Any advice for wiring this up would be great, i been out of the car audio game for too long and seem to forgot everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thanks in advance

dood... just wire it in parrell and put it a nice custom box

Bridge the amp and make sure you use at least 4 gauge power wire.

You have one subs so bridgeing is mono = uno submoffer.

Dont max out your gains... Dont max out your bass boost, Dont forget to set subsonic filters.

dood... just wire it in parrell and put it a nice custom box
Bridge the amp and make sure you use at least 4 gauge power wire.

You have one subs so bridgeing is mono = uno submoffer.

Dont max out your gains... Dont max out your bass boost, Dont forget to set subsonic filters.
These particular Eclipse amps are non bridgeable, like the OP stated.

OP, your best bet it to just run one channel per VC since you can't bridge the amp. Is there a switch or bottom that allows you to change the output to mono instead of stereo?

Yea... its not a bridgeable amp...bout to go build this ported enclosure now.... I planned on running one channel per voice coil but just didnt know if this would actually be stereo and blow the sub.

Ill look n see if it switchable mono. The enclosure im building will be tuned to 33hz and will set my SSF and set LPF to around 80 and see how it sounds.

yea...amp had a L+R mono setting, finished up tonight and sounds great, box was ported to 33hz set SSF to that and lowpass to ~80, gain about 75% and is hitting way harder than 2 fosgate 12's on same amp

hi, new to the forum. I'm looking to pick up this same amp to run (2) RF 12's. probably an overkill amp for the setup, but wanted to know how your amp is holding up since you did this install? Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.