Box resin??

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I plan on using resin inside of my new box and this will be my first time doing this so can anyone provide a link to the exact resin I need? I tried searching my self but ended up finding 100's of different types of resin so I have no idea which one I need. I hope Lowe's or the Depot carry what I need as I hate having to wait for the mail man.

any resin should be fine but it will not make the box any stronger. resin is good for sealing and providing a very smooth surface to cut down on turbulance. if you want to make the box stronger you will need to use fiberglass woven is best but mat is very flexible for curves. if you have any marine supply stores around you that would be a good place to fine cheap resin.

home depot or lowes has it....just ask someone to show u. all supplies will be in that area. Dont forget to grab a couple of tubes of Hardener and wear gloves!

any resin should be fine but it will not make the box any stronger. resin is good for sealing and providing a very smooth surface to cut down on turbulance. if you want to make the box stronger you will need to use fiberglass woven is best but mat is very flexible for curves. if you have any marine supply stores around you that would be a good place to fine cheap resin.

You got it backwards my man cloth( careful with the woven term, there are woven mats too) is more flexable and better over tight curves, at the same time it is pound for pound lighter than mat which requires more buildup. Mat makes for quicker buildup. If your just strengthening something I would be more apt to use mat myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.