WTB 8 decent tripple stacked 12" or 6 15" subs all matching

manyhobbies
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking to do 8 12's or 6 15's. I'm not set on ohm loads as of yet because I'm not sure what power I'm gonna use. They can be all used or new, don't matter but looking to spend whatever is fair to me.

Subs along the lines of the orion hcca's or soundstream xxx would be prefered, but any good tripple stacked magnet sub with excursion capability's around 3-4" total and power handling 2000watts and up would be good aswell. Thanks, Russ

why so many?
LOL, yes good question. I started out with 2 sq kove 12's and a cadence z1200c amp, ended up with 2 pioneer champion series pro and a gothic 5500d. I toasted the pioneer subs and decided to go with 4 mofo 12's to prevent toasting another sub. Well the 4 subs was wild compared to the 2 and I don't have enough space to do them ported if I wanna have a rear seat. So I decided to keep the rear seat out and go for crazy bass. I figure 8 12's or 6 15's and 20,000 plus watts would get me what I want. I see a few people on youtube doing crazy hair tricks and thats what I want. I'm no spl expert, but I have 4 12's in 6cf sealed with around 4800watts and cannot do a hair trick.

I don't care about competitions, I just like being extreme. I know I could build with less and do hair tricks, but I wanna do wild crazy hairtricks. It is possible that I will only be able to use less subs due to space, but I hav'nt figured that yet and am sure that I can squeeze at least 18cf in the there and still be able to see out the rear window.

If someone has more knowledge than me of how to accomplish this with much less "it would'nt take a lot" than I'm all ears.

Thanks, Russ

i have 14.5 cubes and can not still see out my rear window,so your doing pretty good with that.i had a build plan of 16 Sundown SA-8's which is about the same cone area as 8 12's i was going to run them on my 500.1 at .5 ohm

but as far as doing more with less,2 18's ported in the right build would do great hair tricks,what is all this going in?did you ever measure your power?

Last edited by a moderator:
im going to assume for excursion/mechanical clearance
blowdryer duhhh

Since a TC9 Dual 1" can tax any softparts on the market with a 3+" linear stroke, "tripple" is more for show than functionality lol. longest production non split wound coil on the market is only good for +/- 1.4" linear bl lol. Extra top-plate thickness equals shorter linear BL Xmax, so ya get a trade off. More mechanical clearance or more linear excursion lol. Once BL begins to deviate, all the mechanical clearance in the world is useless... noobs... I swear lol. rofl, Even the new Nightshades and IA DP's are only double stacked lol. Guess those dont move enough for ya??? 30mm one way... yeah that doesnt sound like enough to me either lol.

Since a TC9 Dual 1" can tax any softparts on the market with a 3+" linear stroke, "tripple" is more for show than functionality lol. longest production non split wound coil on the market is only good for +/- 1.4" linear bl lol. Extra top-plate thickness equals shorter linear BL Xmax, so ya get a trade off. More mechanical clearance or more linear excursion lol. Once BL begins to deviate, all the mechanical clearance in the world is useless... noobs... I swear lol. rofl, Even the new Nightshades and IA DP's are only double stacked lol. Guess those dont move enough for ya??? 30mm one way... yeah that doesnt sound like enough to me either lol.
i was just guessing lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.