Best 5.25 components you can get for ($3-400)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

1EdgeKilla
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and all and am in the process of putting a nice system in my car. I am currently trying to find the best pair of 5.25 inch components around $3-400 for in the doors of my cavalier (terrible car i know) but hey i don't car about the car its the music im into. I've looked through a variety of brands, Diamond, Memphis, Alpine, Polk, etc...

as of right now im pretty set on getting a pair of the Polk Sr5250. They retail around $800 i suppose but i've found where i can get them for around $350...

also looking to handle 100+ rms..

everyones thoughts on this are appreciated!

Thanks!

Install and personal preference is what matters, too many great sets at that price bracket. Those polks are awesome though, some of the "smoothest" tweeters I've ever heard. I'd get em, or a Boston SPZ50

Install and personal preference is what matters, too many great sets at that price bracket. Those polks are awesome though, some of the "smoothest" tweeters I've ever heard. I'd get em, or a Boston SPZ50

yeah i kinda figured there were a lot cause i was having a hard time making up my mind since there were so many...but when you say smooth...now i listen to mostly rock/hardcore/metal music and only bumb with the hip hop here and there...do you think these will respond nicely with heavier/harder music?

but anyways thanks for the great input!

I would try to listen to as many as you can before you buy. They all have a differnt sound to them. I liked the mid and tweet on the polks, but they lacked mid bass to me. When I listened to the bostons, they had better midbass, but the high end lacked. The high end Alpine set has an incredible tweeter and high end, but the mid ****** to me. All the speakers have a sound out of the box that I would listen to first. A lot of the sq sets that I have been recommened had a more flat sound to me. This may be to your liking, dont know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.