BOSS sub enclosure recommendation..??

d2k
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
uk
morning all.......

i need a small 12'' enclosure reccomended to me for this sub ''BOSS AUDIO L12'', now im driving a 2003 Renault Laguna & need to keep the majority of my boot space free for buggy's & such.....

also i cannot find the reccomended ''cu ft'' for this sub anywhere..??? whats the smallest box you could stick this in & it still sound relativly decent..

lastly.... what would be best for this sub, ported or sealed...??

it'll hopefully be running off an Alpine PDX 1.1000

thanks....

lol.... really.??

1000wrms / 3'' voice coil / 96db capability...

looks pretty good on paper...... i'd love to get one from the classifieds here but im in the UK so its impossible, im currently running a 10'' Lanzar MAX ST @ 300wrms so i cant see the SQ from the BOSS being much worse than what im currently hearing.

were pretty limited here for cheap power.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

its over rated like crazy its a waste of money it probably handles less than half of that. I hate to recommend this but i see that you can get alpine, if you are looking for something cheap that is a ok sub look at the alpine type R if you are able to get them for cheap over there

why u guys allways have to talk **** the sub really isnt that bad yea they lied about how much power it can take but for the money its a pretty good sub. it will only take 600 rms and like 1000-1200 max i sent u pm

thanks for the input guys....... i am gonna go with the BOSS sub but im gonna revise my amp choice seeing as i'll probably blow it with the alpine.

j&b4ever..... thanks again!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

LMAO!!!

yeah but this is what im running now....

View attachment 26521914

so..... even if the BOSS sub is under par & dont deliver rated outputs, its still gonna sound deeper & louder than the 300wrms 10'' i have in the shoebox right now.

& its an upgrade done on a shoe string which at this time of year (& my impatience) is a good thing, it also means i can spend less on the amp ...win-win

hopefully gonna get a box designed for it to perfectly fit my car ....i now need an amp which will push a clean 600wrms @ 4ohm (so 2ohm should be even more)

the hunt begins!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do shit right the first time. You will never be happy with junky equipment.

If you get the BOSS POS and show up here within a month about how you blew it because you dont know how to set an amp up and clipped the sub Im going to freak the fuck out on you.

mate..... i was told the 10'' Lanzar MAX was total crap too, infact its not a bad sub (for pennies BNIB)....@ 300wrms its very clear & crisp but when i crank it right up i can hear it bottoming out, i don't wanna hear that.

so even if i kept the current amp & just fitted the new sub & box it would quash that issue straight away.

have faith... i reckon the sub will surprise us!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

mate..... i was told the 10'' Lanzar MAX was total crap too, infact its not a bad sub (for pennies BNIB)....@ 300wrms its very clear & crisp but when i crank it right up i can hear it bottoming out, i don't wanna hear that.

so even if i kept the current amp & just fitted the new sub & box it would quash that issue straight away.

have faith... i reckon the sub will surprise us!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You already proved you dont know how to tune an amp.

sigh........

i think i have the basics buddy, & given the amp im currently using has VERY limited settings i'd say im doing as well as i can SQ wise.

had i a better amp & a better sub THEN tuning an amp will become relevant, but this is all entry level stuff.. IM NOT EXPECTED to know these things... that's why the cheaper stuff is there.

but still, if you wanna fund the top spec setup for me i'd be happy to shop around.

sigh........
i think i have the basics buddy, & given the amp im currently using has VERY limited settings i'd say im doing as well as i can SQ wise.

had i a better amp & a better sub THEN tuning an amp will become relevant, but this is all entry level stuff.. IM NOT EXPECTED to know these things... that's why the cheaper stuff is there.

but still, if you wanna fund the top spec setup for me i'd be happy to shop around.
Your going from basic to the same type of thing. Your side stepping not advancing. Why spend money to side step? Your clearly here for the help so why not listen to the more educated? If you were going to buy the piece of shit regardless of what we said then GTFO and stop wasting our time.

Your going from basic to the same type of thing. Your side stepping not advancing. Why spend money to side step? Your clearly here for the help so why not listen to the more educated? If you were going to buy the piece of shit regardless of what we said then GTFO and stop wasting our time.
^^^^ this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.