Whats louder?

MRLEFTFIELD
10+ year member

Newyork
So, I am currently running (2) 8 series Alphasonic subs wired to 2 ohms only getting 325 wrms to each sub from a MB quart dsc 1500.1 mono amp.

Each sub is 800wrms so I am barely pushing there limits!!!

I think one of the subs are malfunctioning cuz it sounds more distorted than the other.

So, I was debating on getting another 10" alphasonik 8 series or just run the good 1 @ 750wrms alone.

My question is: will it be louder to push 1 @ 750wrms or to replace the one that blew and push 325wrms to each sub????

Or just get a 12 or 15 inch 2ohm dvc sub and run it @ 1ohm?

Thanks in advance to any and all helpful replies!

P.S. Somebody help I need more BASSS!

check your wiring if you have the psw810e they are dual 4 ohm should not be seeing 2ohm you could only have 16,4or 1ohm

check your wiring if you have the psw810e they are dual 4 ohm should not be seeing 2ohm you could only have 16,4or 1ohm
The wiring is right. I jus took the sub out and it seems like the aluminum (i think its aluminum) neat sink around the magnet is loose maybe this is why it sounds distorted? gonna tighen it and see what good!

And I have the psw810J.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.