What is a Fair Average Install Hourly Rate for a Shop in Your Area?

Nutz
10+ year member

Team Nutz, Pgh PA
Just wanted to take a quick survey and see what people see as Fair Average Hourly Rate for Audio Shops around the country are.

What do you think is fair priced for quality work?

Example:

Garages Charge $75/hour

Car Dealerships in Pittsburgh charge average $85/hour

BMW Dealerships charge $100-$150/Hour

If a Radio took 45 minutes to install From Start to Finish what would you say is fair for that service.

that would depend on overhead and the 2/3. time, price, and quality of the install... pick 2 out of the 3.

our shop kinna flat rated things. doing this everyday we can knock some decks out in 5 mins. but we still charge the flat $60 on standard decks.

wasn't looking at the overhead as much as what might be an industry average. I guess if your at $80/hour and you do a good job it may be worth it, even if your in a small back alley shop. Now if your at $90/hour with a big fancy shop, doesn't really mean they know what there doing or worth the money.

I would think $60.00 is fair for a radio standard deck install. Any others thoughts?

The cheapest labor rate I see anymore is $65/hr. Now that doesn't mean that anybody working out of there drive way can charge prices like that though.

It is all about what it is worth to you and the customer. If you are the only guy for 200 miles, you charge more. If you have 30 shops in a mile, you charge less. You have to make it so that it is just a tad cheaper to come to you, than travel to another place. It is all about convenience for some people.

I think most places around here get about $150 an hour
So are they charging $150 to have a standard deck installed?

Assuming if the deck took 1 hour to do from start to finish, (understanding some cars are easier/faster and some are harder/slower to complete)

So are they charging $150 to have a standard deck installed?
Assuming if the deck took 1 hour to do from start to finish, (understanding some cars are easier/faster and some are harder/slower to complete)
yeah I think so $150 an hour plus parts so a basic deck around here runs over $200 in most cases

understood, but was more interested in labor. Knowing some cars need modules and full large dash kits can definitely change things.

But interested in hearing what is fair install hourly rate around the country.

Thank you everyone for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.