WTB Blown amp

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Looking for a blown amp. Not really looking for anything in particular just needs to have all of the important parts (like the transistor clamp downs) and the board needs to actually be repairable(no holes or serious burning of the copper). Please PM with anything you might have and have pics if at all possible. Price paid will depend on what the amp is but I do not plan on paying much over 50 shipped unless you have something I can't live without. I am taking the chance at buying a nice size paperweight so please don't get too crazy with your expectations. There is always the chance something is completely unrepairable even though it may look fixable to the naked eye and I would prefer to not completely lose my a$$. Thanks for looking.

I may have a Lightning Audio 2000 that might be blown, need to test it again. It should be a very easy repair. I'm going to get it tested hopefully before Christmas.

I'd be very interested in that amp. Would like to know more about the issues it has and what caused the problem. What makes you think it would be an easy repair? Please PM with anymore info on this amp. Thanks

Not looking for a 3 or 4 K amp or anything like that. But honestly by the time you spend much more than 50 to buy a blown 1-2 K or smaller amp and then put the money into it for parts you could probably buy a working amp of the same size for about the same money. I'm just not trying to pay 100 bucks for an amp that needs 50 bucks in parts that sells new for 200 or less. Thanks for dumping on my post by the way.

If the kicker was in good shape I could see spending more than 50 but not a ton. If those few blown mosfets were power supply fets you would be talking about replacing all the power supply fets and possibly gate resistors and power supply driver transistors. Another thing most people don't realize is that blown ps fets more often than not are caused by shorted output transistors. That would obviously add even more to the repair parts cost. I'm not asking for free amps guys but if its sitting there collecting dust I may be willing to take it off your hands and get some money in your pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a dual 300w 2 channel amp.. rca input its broke off and its missing a screw.. pay for shipping and 5-10bucks its yrs. PM me if ya want

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.