Im hoping its a good idea for space saving build.

Participant count
  • Participant list

neonrt
10+ year member

What are you looking at?
Canada
Well i have been thinking for a long time about getting rid of my sealed sub box for my maw 15 and going with an ib install behind the rear seats in my neon. Im sold on that idea at a minimum but today after talking about it with a buddy, i am thinking about possbly doing the same ib style instal behind the rear seats, sealing everything up and running 2 ports in through the rear deck to turn it into a large ported box. I know there will be leaks around the trunk weather striping, but most of the air should go through the ports as there is less resistance there. is this a viable idea or should i just simply go ib and be happy, either way i gain my trunk back so its a win win for me.

anyone tried to actually turn their trunk into a large ported semi leaky box, lol.

thank to all who have expertise in this area.

Kevin

"edit" - im thinking about tuning to 28hs with 2 4" ports a bit over 5" in length each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.