Old School PPI Pro Mos 25 Speaker Harness?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigdwiz
10+ year member

Old School Rulz!
NC
I recently purchased a Precision Power Pro Mos 25 which is missing the speaker wiring harness. Does anyone know of a replacement for this (molex connector specs, etc)?

Or maybe someone has an extra they would offer me at a reasonable price? I didn't see any for sale on ebay. I've attached a pic from the owner's manual.

You might try contacting Jeremy Dadd thru his Ebay page. He usually has a few old PPI harnesses made up for sale. They aren't cheap though, around $35 if I remember correctly. You can visit his Ebay store here...Amateur Audio Inc items - Get great deals on Orion Amps, PPI Amps items on eBay Stores!

...if you want to discuss selling that Pro Mos 25, send me a PM describing its condition and your asking price. Good luck.
Thanks for the info! I'll contact him for sure. I may be able to pick up a 4200am "art series" locally for $60 and could just use the harness. I think it uses (2) and 1 of them should work. Let me know if I'm wrong in this assumption??

I'm still waiting on the amp, so I'll keep you in mind once I get tired of it....I may PM you anyway as I'm an RF guy, so may have some PPI questions. Unlike Orion (225HCCA), at least PPI still has the owner's manuals avail online!

I can sell you a brand new PPI plug for that instead of some home made jerry rigged crap....
Jeremy's connectors are original PPI with new wiring. Most of those connectors pop open to allow you to replace the wiring. I have three sitting here on the desk that are waiting for new wires as I type this. I've used the one Jeremy makes and they work great as well.

These connectors are the ONLY weak point on the older Pro Mos/M/AM series PPI amps. They wear out over time and the speaker leads get shorter and shorter with use as well.

I had no doubt the ones on ebay are good quality, as they should be for the price...My best friend for keeping the length on these harnesses? Barrier strips from ebay. The 8 or 12 terminal 25A ones with the clear cover are VERY nice!

Yeah, right after I contacted Jeremy he put up the molex connectors.

Thanks to all for your insight, either CRX or ebay should resolve my dilemma....

I can sell you a brand new PPI plug for that instead of some home made jerry rigged crap....
CRX, wuz U pullin' my chain? Send me a PM when you get a chance...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.