Looking to do a hair trick. Need help with system

200dBs
10+ year member

Ok i have 2300$ to spend on my car audio system, and my goal is to have aton of SPL so i can get the hair trick goin. The car is a Nissan Xtera and i want to know what are the best subs for some huge SPL and a good price. I have been looking at the FI BTL15" but i havent seen reviews for them so i dont know if they are a good choice. Oh i want to build a 6th order bandpass to, i dont know if thats good for SPL though.

yes the Fi BTL 15's are great subs. I'm sure two 15's will do the hair trick if you get the right amp and other accessories. I know 2 18" BTLs do a hair trick. Digital Designs has some very nice subs to, they get pretty expensive though.

This guy has 2 fi BTL 18's

2 Fi BTL 18s or 15s should do it. You're best bet is to build a wall. What vehicle do you have?

Edit* Expect to use up every bit of that $2300, you'll need electrical upgrades which are expensive.

2 Fi BTL 18s or 15s should do it. You're best bet is to build a wall. What vehicle do you have?Edit* Expect to use up every bit of that $2300, you'll need electrical upgrades which are expensive.
Yup especially alternators, hate that they so dang expensive unless you know someone at a shop that gets good deals.

2 Fi BTL 18s or 15s should do it. You're best bet is to build a wall. What vehicle do you have?Edit* Expect to use up every bit of that $2300, you'll need electrical upgrades which are expensive.
like he said.. An Xtera

I'm thinking you will be hard pressed to get two BTLs and 4kw with 2300$.

yes the Fi BTL 15's are great subs. I'm sure two 15's will do the hair trick if you get the right amp and other accessories. I know 2 18" BTLs do a hair trick. Digital Designs has some very nice subs to, they get pretty expensive though.
This guy has 2 fi BTL 18's

that guy need to get some better looking girls for the hair trick but still beast haha.

Why not do 2 18" BTL's? Give them each an Audioque 2200D, spend the rest on your electrical. Throw them in 15 cubes net @ 32hz. 250 inches of port 30 inches long. Subs up, port back. Hairtricks all day long, it will destroy the lows and move tons of air.

I'm thinking two dual 2ohm on a Crescendo 3kw. Thats 4kw for about 1300$. So if all you need after that is electrical you should be good to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit, didn't see you want to spend 500$ on each one.

BTW: the HDC3 18's are like just over 300$ I have heard they take well over the 1kw they're rated at.

Yes fully loaded is the way to go, you can always buy used, unless you want the gen 3 version. Two 18's would be nice and will push a lot of air, more air than the 15's, but more stress on your electrical because it takes more to push the 18's. The 18's fully loaded brand new is like $510

I hear the older orion 2500d amps do good with the BTL's. I think their may be a couple videos on youtube with people using the older orion 2500d for their BTL's. You can find those used for around $250

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.