6volt batt ?

Participant count
  • Participants list
You'll still have a 200ah batt, just that it'll be one 12V batt instead of two individual 6V batts...no real benefit, especially considering the added weight and space requirements.

i read this about it Both types of batteries are made up of 2 volt individual cells. The individual cells in a 6Volt battery are twice as large as the individual cells in the same overall sized 12 volt battery. These 2V cells in the 6V have twice the plate surface area, and twice the electrolyte. They can be run down longer, or deeper as they say.

The individual cells in a 6Volt battery are twice as large as the individual cells in the same overall sized 12 volt battery. These 2V cells in the 6V have twice the plate surface area, and twice the electrolyte.
But there's half as many of them in a single battery. Now going with two 6V batts, you do get added surface area on the plates, but you're adding weight and taking up more space when you could get a pair of 100ah 12V batts to do the same thing. It all evens out in the end, it just comes down to series vs parallel wiring.

I would, however, be interested to see what voltage these 6V batts sit at. Maybe wiring them in series will yield a slightly higher resting voltage than a normal 12V batt...don't think it'd make much difference though.

I've never heard of them being able to be ran down lower, either. Ratings are there for a reason, and the 100ah rating comes after being ran down to 1.67V per cell IIRC, regardless of what size cell it is.

they sit at 6.27v that's with out a top up charge. they were used and sitting when i got them . i paid 100 bucks a pair i could not find any 12v c&d batts for cheap in phx

they sit at 6.27v with out a top up charge. they were used and sitting when i got them . i would have bought 12v c&d but couldn't find any cheap in phx

i paid 100 bucks a pair i could not find any 12v c&d batts for cheap in phx
That's a good deal, provided that they aren't very old. You're basically getting a 200ah 12V batt for $100. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Got any pics?

here pics of the batts
37.jpg

there about 3 years old with a 10 year life

That's a good deal, provided that they aren't very old. You're basically getting a 200ah 12V batt for $100. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Got any pics?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bernser1er

10+ year member
BERNSER1ER.WRA.SQUAD
bernser1er
PHX az
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date