Anyone had Polk Audio DXi124's??

I'm looking to order 2 DXi124's and i'm wondering if they're good, I want something that hits hard but i'm not worried about competition level. I'm going to build a custom size box, I have plenty of room, these are going in an Xterra. I will also have an Optima Yellow Top as well as 2 660 Watt Polk Audio amps and a One Farad Capacitor. At first i was going to get 2 12" CVR Kickers and the zx1500.1 amp, but i'm trying to save some money. For some reason no one ever buys them because I've never had a customer bring some in for installation and i cant find many reviews or videos online about them.

They are equivalent to polk's db series if that means anything to you. I have one although i'm not currently running it. Had it in an enclosure not really designed for it and ran it for roughly a week. Sounded alright at lower volume but lost a little composure when driven hard although the enclosure was probably wrong for the sub. I was using 2 cubes tuned to 35 . Seems like it would have done better in a smaller box. Cone got outta control real quick.

kickers will be quite a bit louder for sure...im not sure about sq wise
Yeah i figured they would be.

polk was not that loud even for what it was. If your going for loudness over sq I'd take the cvr's
I would still like great sound quality but i know ill get that from the kickers as well.

You're not? How much would be paying for either?
Well I'm an autotech for bestbuy, so i get a discount but its a secret //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm looking to order 2 DXi124's and i'm wondering if they're good, I want something that hits hard but i'm not worried about competition level. I'm going to build a custom size box, I have plenty of room, these are going in an Xterra. I will also have an Optima Yellow Top as well as 2 660 Watt Polk Audio amps and a One Farad Capacitor. At first i was going to get 2 12" CVR Kickers and the zx1500.1 amp, but i'm trying to save some money. For some reason no one ever buys them because I've never had a customer bring some in for installation and i cant find many reviews or videos online about them.
I don't know if this is helpful, but I just bought the single voice coil version of the DXi124 for use in a home subwoofer [vented box of about 2.7 cu. ft. tuned to about 29 Hz and a 200 watt amp pushing it]. I was looking for seriously deep bass instead of hard pounding and high decibels. It works as intended and more. It's as if that what I don't hear I can feel it. This affect makes itself known on pipe organ and movie soundtracks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.