Anyone tried lithium-ion batteries?

I read about that guy who has an electric car that run a 1/4 mile in 11.5 seconds and he shed 700 pounds of weight going from lead-acid(or whatever he was using) to lithium ion. Here's his vid...

YouTube - Electric Car Drag Racing | Oregon Field Guide | OPB

They used(looks like thousands) of lithium batteries from cordless power drills, I think the Tesla roadster has something similar. You could have enough power for a 100kw system with the space that usually occupies 10 batteries or so. Charging is prob gonna have to be one of a kind but with enough budget this can be done. I'm surprised that Steve Meade haven't tried it.

So insanely expensive it's not worth it.

If you happen to have a few civic hybrids lying around, you could piece together some batteries and a good enough charging system to try it. Unless they're not 12v, in which case you might be screwed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.