what amp to get

dcelf
10+ year member

Katsu Sauce Chronic
I dont have these yet but i was just wondering what amp would be better to run 2 RE Audio SEX12D4 wired to 1 ohm

Soundstream DTR1.1700D

or

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

i hear both companies are really solid and that each should do around 1700wattsRMS at 1 ohm but i just wanted to ask some more experienced audio guys

thanks

Neither.
If your looking for cheap and reliable look at the Audiopipe AP15001d, AP18001d, or an MB Quart DSC1500.1
you sure that audiopipe will put out true 1800w rms? ive heard that company is junk

you sure that audiopipe will put out true 1800w rms? ive heard that company is junk
If Audiopipe is junk, Soundstream and Hifonics would be considered junk as well. Truth be told, none of the 3 are high end. If you're worried about high quality, you're looking at the wrong amps altogether...

but hifonics is cea 2006 approved and the owner of my local car audio shop told me that the soundstream dtr series were under-rated. doesn't that mean they'll at least put out 1700w each?

but hifonics is cea 2006 approved
And?

the owner of my local car audio shop told me that the soundstream dtr series were under-rated.
Someone who sells the amp claims it's good? You've gotta be shitting me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm not saying the Hifonics or Soundstream are garbage, man. I'm just telling you that neither would be considered a "high quality" amplifier. The Audiopipe would do just as well...

ooh ok i get it now thanks.

just outta curiousity, can you throw out a few "high quality" amp brands? i think i know a few like sundown, audioque and zapco

ooh ok i get it now thanks.just outta curiousity, can you throw out a few "high quality" amp brands? i think i know a few like sundown, audioque and zapco
You can add ZED, Arc Audio, Audison, Hertz, Brax, Image Dynamics and Boston Acoustics to that list. Then there's always JL Audio, Memphis, Rockford Fosgate, Rainbow, JBL/Infinity, US Amps, etc.....

last I knew the soundstream DTR amps are nice

how much were you looking to spend on the 1700d's?

You can get the Soundstream DTR 2200D pretty cheap currently

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.