Will this O-scope be good enough to set the gain on my amps?

look on ebay. you can find good working used ocilloscopes for cheap. For setting gains and even amp repair you can use just about the oldest oscilloscope ever made and still have enough capability to do everything you would need to do.

bumpp. someone with o-scope knowledge please say something. i want to know if this would work for gains im looking to order an oscope tomorrow and really wanna know how this will preform

If I remember correctly, setting gains with an o-scope is still not accurate unless you do it by fqs. Say you set your gains at 50hz but still could be clipping at 30hz.

look on ebay. you can find good working used ocilloscopes for cheap. For setting gains and even amp repair you can use just about the oldest oscilloscope ever made and still have enough capability to do everything you would need to do.
This. The only thing the scope needs to be able to do is display a simple AC sine wave...which is the most basic signal you could ever think of, you'd be hard pressed to find a scope that DOESN'T do this...

This. The only thing the scope needs to be able to do is display a simple AC sine wave...which is the most basic signal you could ever think of, you'd be hard pressed to find a scope that DOESN'T do this...
lol a mechanic i work with was tellin me how sweet his DMM he got was from snapon, said it was 800 or something ... and then he said yea... its even an oscope... I look it , and there were no settings at all that showed it had that capability. laughed in his face after that.

lol a mechanic i work with was tellin me how sweet his DMM he got was from snapon, said it was 800 or something ... and then he said yea... its even an oscope... I look it , and there were no settings at all that showed it had that capability. laughed in his face after that.
Was it just a DMM or did it have an O-Scope?

I used the Modis and it worked fine. Kind of odd since some sensors out there produce AC.

i hate to dig up an old thread like this but I was wondering if the original poster or anyone for that matter has tried this o-scope? I ran across it on ebay as well by accident and then found this thread.....lol being such a cheap price i was somewhat skeptical. Will this work for setting gains?

i hate to dig up an old thread like this but I was wondering if the original poster or anyone for that matter has tried this o-scope? I ran across it on ebay as well by accident and then found this thread.....lol being such a cheap price i was somewhat skeptical. Will this work for setting gains?
Should work fine for setting gains and such. O-Scopes have come down in price over the years, so it is not surprising that someone came out with one for under $100.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.