I might upgrade sometime in the future. Advice?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Vagomire
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I want low bass. Extremely low bass with huge subwoofers that have so much travel that they will sound like you're standing under a helicopter when I play them.

I have a compact car with a small trunk (1993 Volkswagen Fox [4-door])

First Question.

I want my bass to be low and loud, would I be better off having a box custom built for my trunk and just drop subwoofers in my trunk?

Or..

Could I take my backseat out, and set the two 15" or 18" subwoofers where the back seat used to be, facing them in and building the trunk INTO a massive box for them?

Also, if I went that route, ported or sealed? I have always preferred sealed because it sounds so much cleaner and is more boomy.

Second Question.

Which subwoofers to get?

I have been looking at Soundstream's XXX series

XXX-Subwoofer

Either the 15" or the 18"

I have always had a mad crush on Soundstream and they talk about quad voice coils on these monsters. Plus Fs (hz) 22.29 that gets me excited!

I have also been checking out Orion's HCCA series

Orion® Car Audio - HCCA154 - HCCA

They only make 15" versions of these, but all the Orions I have seen have enormous rubber surrounds and Sensitivity 30 dB = retarded lows if I'm not mistaken.

And the magnet is as wide as the f*cking cone is!

you evidently dont know very much about car audio do you? because while the subs you have up there can do what you want but with a shitton of power and the right box. if i were you id do a pair of idmax 15s infinite baffle across the hatch area. low frequency response is where ib excels and you wont need 2000 watts to get loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.