Wiring Help please

b0mboms

Guam
I currently have a sound system setup in my car, it includes:

1 Kenwood KDC-MP442U (22 rms x 4 to speakers)

2 Infinity 6x9's 300W 2 Ohm speakers

2 Infinity 6.5's 180W 2 Ohm speakers

2 Infinity tweeters

2 Jl w0 10" subs (with custom box)

1 Hitron 1000W mono block amp powering the subs

I had all of this installed professionally, and thus need a little help on my addition. I am planning on adding a four-channel amp to my Speakers; I have done quite a bit of research but just want as much advice as possible. I am planning on changing my battery terminal so I can add more than one power wire for the amp. I understand how to ground and do the power wire for the new amp, but need help with the RCA's (can I just run it from the out of the mono block amp to the 4 ch?), splitting the remote wire (all you do is expose it and attach the other wire to it?), and most importantly wiring the speakers (Planning on using 16 gauge Monster speaker wire). How would i go about adding this amp? Maybe not needed, but this is all installed in a 09 Toyota Tacoma.

Side note: Could anyone recommend an affordable amp that will work well for my purpose?

Thanks in advance -b0mboms

Do you know the size of wire they used to power your current amp? You may be able to just get a distribution block and save some time and cost.

Your head unit has enough pre-amp outputs to add a 4 channel amp without needing a splitter. As for the remote wire that is exactly what you will want to do.

don't waste your money on the monster wire, put that money into an amp, and get knukonceptz(.com) 16g instead, and get you power wire from them as well.

Okay my current amp is 8 gauge and i was planning on putting this new with 4 gauge but if its not necessary for my amp than i won't. How much is the 16g wire there cause for the one i saw on amazon was 15 bucks for 50 ft.

Run 4 gauge wire to your distrobution block, then split out with two runs of 8gauges. THe Negative terminal ground should be 8gauge ground to the amp with no more thatn 3 feet off wire. It should be a solid ground. Ground it to the frame of the vehical by using a bolt or if you have a unibody car, make sure it is on a reinforced area. scrape off the paint so you have a solid contact. The remote wire can simple be split. Make sure you cap off the speaker wires coming out of the deck, you don't want to short out the deck.

say what. nono buddy. If your adding a 4 channel amp to you speakers, then you need to cap the speaker wires coming out of the deck. Then you need to re run the speaker wires to the new 4 channel amp location. and hook it up. Your going to have to run a set of RCA cables as well.

yes.

What signal is going to the other amp? If it is a full range signal then you can, but if your other amp is plugged into the Sub aux out, then no.

I know that, you have to plug the subs rca into the sub RCA output on the deck. You have to plug the front RCA into the deck and then to the amp. Your deck has 6rca outputs. that meant one set for the front, one for the rear, and another for the subs.

You can use those wire caps... If the wires are stripped, clip them so there are no bare wires sticking out. Then fold it over and use a small section of shrink wrap tube to protect it....that's what I do instead of using caps.

okay, thanks everyone. Looks like i need to do a little more exploring before i purchase these things. I'll probably just take out my head unit and see what the deal is, seeing as i haven't even assed what the installers have done in that respect.

What you're trying to do is very simple, just so you know. It may sound a little overwhelming if you haven't even looked behind your headunit before. To run the power wire and RCAs you can simply just follow the previous install which shouldn't be too hard.

If youre getting a 4ch amp you either need 4 channel RCAs or two sets of RCA.

If you want to do this, I would say that you should buy it and try and install it on your own with what we have told you, and if you have anymore questions just let us know and everything will get installed just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.